Klipsch to update La Scala

Ceptorman

Considering how long the new Klipschorn has been coming I expect this to appear for sale in 2020. 

But I want a pair. Or the crossovers and tweeters to convert my LS ii. Can only wish.

The LS ii are amazing. Wonder what magic they have worked into these new ones?

I really liked the black border of the LSII top hat but for the price, a little more veneer would be expected and probably wanted more than just a black border. Hopefully we get full frontal shot soon. I think I also prefer the fabric of the 70th anniversary that has horizontal gold weaved with silver vertical. That had a little more “pop” than all silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Coytee said:

Interesting.... 

I thought all of PWK's designs were to be "hands off" other than refinements.  I wonder where they draw the line?

Roy posted about this in the ALK6 Khorn upgrade thread.  I think "they" is Roy, so Roy draws the line.

I will try and find the link and post it as an attempt at paraphrasing it will come up short.

my top hat and bass bin are very well grain matched... I am not sure I like the grained fronts as much as the black rimmed on the normal LSii.

I am sure they are great in person though.

30199844277_26e83b651f_o.jpg

it is different.

I'll take either one.

• Like 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Is toe in position ideal for la scalas? Or perhaps that with seating room makes it necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Cassavant spent a significant amount of of time dialing that room in.  It is jaw dropping in the sweet spot.

I couldn't even approach an accurate description of what he described as far as placement, treatment, toe in etc. so I won't even try.

Needless to say, the sound  is spectacular.  You could see it in the faces of those in the golden space.

20181006_113458.jpg

20181006_113527.jpg

20181006_113451.jpg

• Thanks 1