Klipsch to update La Scala

Ceptorman

When i had my LSi split tops toed in directly at me they were way too fatiguing, though that might have a lot to do with the original AL network(k55m+k77m) and small room size. I currently have Klipschorns(round alinco k77 +k55v) facing directly at me with plenty of absorption behind me and it's perfectly sweet with 74 AA's(Dean AA's with the mids dialed back incoming on Tuesday) but they're much further apart than i had the LSi's so that could also be a factor.  

Got the itch for La Scalas again.  There's a black pair near me. Maybe i should offer my Chorus II + cash for trade, but i don't know if i could ever part with the Chorus II :(

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm

8 hours ago, richieb said:

=== Thanks Travis

is a shot of the mid-horn possible ?

This is the best shot of midhorn I have, Mark would shove a flashlight in there during demos, show people the TRUTH.

On his feet 10 to 12 hours speaking to SRO groups of 8 to 10 people at a time.

@m54 spreads the Truth.

20181006_114357.jpg

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Thanks for the pictures Travis.  Would love to see and hear the latest LaScala in person someday.

Has the height increased to accommodate the new Tweeter/Horn ...?

miketn

The photos were from an phone, and I'm no @dtel when it comes to photos, the stuff looked great in room. 

Now that you mention it, they did appear slightly taller than my LS1s.

Let me check the brochure.

=== Thanks. That appears a fair size larger horn than the LS 1 or 2? And if so that must a fantastic sounding speaker. As I type I am listening to my LS 1 with freshened AA networks about 15 apart on center, sitting in front of Jubes. And in their own way they are every bit as satisfying as Jubes. They sound so “right”. And with larger tweet and mid-horns? Wow. Let me check my wallet —

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== Thanks. That appears a fair size larger horn than the LS 1 or 2? And if so that must a fantastic sounding speaker. As I type I am listening to my LS 1 with freshened AA networks about 15 apart on center, sitting in front of Jubes. And in their own way they are every bit as satisfying as Jubes. They sound so “right”. And with larger tweet and mid-horns? Wow. Let me check my wallet —

Nope, same horn as always.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Same mid

Completely different tweeter.

Modified tractrix with neo driver for the tweeter.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

The photos were from an phone, and I'm no @dtel when it comes to photos, the stuff looked great in room. 

Now that you mention it, they did appear slightly taller than my LS1s.

Let me check the brochure.

No deminsions in the show brochure.

And they could actually make tweaks to it before production run, not sure.