Klipsch to update La Scala

Ceptorman

27 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I'm

This is the best shot of midhorn I have, Mark would shove a flashlight in there during demos, show people the TRUTH.

On his feet 10 to 12 hours speaking to SRO groups of 8 to 10 people at a time.

@m54 spreads the Truth.

20181006_114357.jpg

=== there it is, Thanks. Looks familiar—

And tell Mark to suck it up buttercup and sell some speakers — if he needs help, call me —!

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

I'm

This is the best shot of midhorn I have, Mark would shove a flashlight in there during demos, show people the TRUTH.

On his feet 10 to 12 hours speaking to SRO groups of 8 to 10 people at a time.

@m54 spreads the Truth.

20181006_114357.jpg

44230233485_44df137efe_k.jpg

15 minutes ago, Schu said:

It's a good idea, but it's listener dependent. 

I say ANY speaker can use a subwoofer.

I heard LSII's once and thought the bass was lacking (compared to the Khorns I had).

At $10k, I would hope/want a full range speaker. They do look nice though...walnut is cool .

Hope my dealer picks up a pair so I can listen to...

1 hour ago, McBlueMeter said:

I heard LSII's once and thought the bass was lacking (compared to the Khorns I had).

At $10k, I would hope/want a full range speaker. They do look nice though...walnut is cool .

Hope my dealer picks up a pair so I can listen to...

=== no matter how you slice it, any version of the LS in not considered a “full range” speaker in itself - 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

That hasn't changed.  And it never will be until Roy can change the laws of physics. 

But Mark has those subs dialed in perfectly, you didn't hear bass, you heard music.

If you don't have corners, or have a smaller room, this is by far the way to go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Schu said:

The motor board doesn't look as refined as the old LSii... as pictured. 

Yea the mounting of the squawker in your LS ii looks better/smoother. But maybe the chief said make the cut out so big it can't interfere with the horn?

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yea the mounting of the squawker in your LS ii looks better/smoother. But maybe the chief said make the cut out so big it can't interfere with the horn?

I don't know the correct answer on that.  An educated guess tells me that this is a "working model" the final step between the prototype and an actual production model.

That means other refinements, tweaks and things can occur before the first production run.

It could also be that the motor board was hand cut because of new tweeter and wasn't CNC'd, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

I would say the biggest factor is the photo skills of the person who took the photo.

7 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

So the doghouse and top hat have separate connectors like the old industrial splits? I like that

The LSii has always been exactly like that... nothing's changed except for the quality of that plate hardware.

43555590231_7f30cb8e85_k.jpg

• Like 1