Unavailable...Parts Available on eBay

tidmack

Thanks for the thumbs up, Lyle. It's been terrific living out here in the driftless area, I'm only sad that I didn't leave the Milwaukee area years ago! These are gorgeous speakers, that sound like a million bucks. A few have questioned the price, but quite honestly, I could part them for $1,000, so I thought this was fair. I'll try eBay this weekend if I don't have a buyer. 

IMO it is a courtesy and respect to the seller.   Whenever a price is forgotten, all are quick to yell "this isn't an auction, post a price".  However, I feel we are doing the same to sellers by publicly lowballing them (done in a auction for starting price).   Let a seller ask whatever he or she wants, if you aren't intersted, control your outbursts and move along politely.   IF you want to give a seller useful information that he or she may not be aware of USE THE PM FUNCTION to send a PRIVATE message. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

IMO it is a courtesy and respect to the seller.   Whenever a price is forgotten, all are quick to yell "this isn't an auction, post a price".  However, I feel we are doing the same to sellers by publicly lowballing them (done in a auction for starting price).   Let a seller ask whatever he or she wants, if you aren't intersted, control your outbursts and move along politely.   IF you want to give a seller useful information that he or she may not be aware of USE THE PM FUNCTION to send a PRIVATE message. 

=== which is Exactly what I did when I first saw them. It only makes sense —

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

C'mon people.  What happened to the somewhat unwritten rule about pricing comments within a FS posting?  

Apologies if I offended anyone. I thought I was being helpful to the OP. My post was truthful, yet tongue in cheek "insulting" to lowballers, while being somewhat self deprecating. This doesn't apply to anyone who's not guilty and gets the joke.

And yes, 1977 truly was the "golden era" of the best quality Birch Plywoods used by Klipsch (my first pair of Khorns were Birch 1977).

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

I will delete all of the garbage if you wish, they were clearly outside the guidelines.

Thanks for realizing that I was trying to be helpful, and not deleting my post, since the man had very few posts, I thought he might be relatively new.

6 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Thanks for realizing that I was trying to be helpful, and not deleting my post, since the man had very few posts, I thought he might be relatively new.

I deleted it.  All pricing comments need to be done via pm.  You can be just as helpful through a pm as you can be on the open forum.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Be honest, ClaudeJ1,  you weren't trying to be helpful at all. Your intent, like some of the other entitled members on this forum, was to impart your perceived value of my speakers on the rest of the membership. You felt like the forum rules didn't apply to you and without thinking about what I was actually selling, you thought you were entitled to "save" some member from paying a price for a pair of Heresys that you felt was too high, like you're a martyr or something. I suspect this sort of behavior has applied to other parts of your life over the years.

400+ posts isn't relatively new to the forum and a simple inquiry into my username would have shown that I joined nearly two decades ago. Your inability to just man up and admit your intention speaks volumes to me. 

Jeff

• Like 1