Unavailable...Parts Available on eBay

tidmack

Guys, when you wonder where so and so went, or why people don't shy around here anymore, this is why. Years ago, my thread would have been met with "for friends looking to match their '70s Klipschorns in a home theater situation, these Heresys are a perfect match" or "these speakers feature the MOST sought after Klipsch drivers and will blow your socks off..." But today, far too many members can't resist the urge to spout off, without any sort of thought behind their words. 

I understand that this will be met with "good riddance" or "who is that guy, anyway?", but I really feel like this thread sorta sums up the ugliest aspects to this forum.  Take care-

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/11/2018 at 11:43 AM, tidmack said:

Be honest, ClaudeJ1,  you weren't trying to be helpful at all. Your intent, like some of the other entitled members on this forum, was to impart your perceived value of my speakers on the rest of the membership. You felt like the forum rules didn't apply to you and without thinking about what I was actually selling, you thought you were entitled to "save" some member from paying a price for a pair of Heresys that you felt was too high, like you're a martyr or something. I suspect this sort of behavior has applied to other parts of your life over the years.

400+ posts isn't relatively new to the forum and a simple inquiry into my username would have shown that I joined nearly two decades ago. Your inability to just man up and admit your intention speaks volumes to me. 

Jeff

A casual glance at the number 37 is what threw me off rather, so I never saw the bottom number 431, my bad for missing that you were not a newbie, which happens quite frequently here when the posts are low, and someone is trying to sell used Klipsch speakers. I now realize yours were not, so thanks for straightening me out on that.

What I wrote IS what I wrote and NOT your misinterpretation of it, as exemplified by quote of your words above. I once sold a pair of Heresys, like yours, on Ebay with free shipping and that ended up being a big loss for me, so I tried to give an example of the REAL costs involved in shipping in a realistic manner vs. buying new for someone who was a lurker or a first time buyer.

So, very little of what I said was of any real benefit to you, so I can understand the defensive reactions the occurred, by everyone else, out of my control. But sometimes that is the price of "fair and balanced" truth.

A new Heresy III has smoother response and more modern drivers. That is a FACT that can be verified by listening or measuring, so that one is not a up for debate yet.

Bottom line is my ACTUAL advice was to put them on Ebay to get the most money out of them while making fun of cheapskates here. Your misinterpretation is obvious. However, on the positive side, regardless of which place results in a sale, consider me educated on what original Heresy's are worth in the marketplace, which will cause me to get a higher price for my sales. Lesson learned. I sincerely hope you get your price for your Heresy's. Let us know whether or not you did, when and where they do sell, as that would be a Positive contribution here that would make up for all the negativity you feel you have suffered.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

A new Heresy III has smoother response and more modern drivers. That is a FACT that can be verified by listening or measuring, so that one is not a up for debate yet.

That has no place in someone else's H2 for sale thread, true or not.  There are other places here on the forum where that can be debated.  For sale threads are not educational by nature.  If the seller asks a question then fine.  Everything else is pretty much a thread crap which has no business there.  I hope I don't come across as picking on you Claude.  I'm trying to make a point and you happen to be the one that's being used as an example.  This happens far too often and you're certainly not alone in doing it.  Normally I'll hide the posts but I felt that this needed to be discussed.  My apologies to the OP because my post has nothing to do with the sale of his speakers either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

That has no place in someone else's H2 for sale thread, true or not.  There are other places here on the forum where that can be debated.  For sale threads are not educational by nature.  If the seller asks a question then fine.  Everything else is pretty much a thread crap which has no business there.  I hope I don't come across as picking on you Claude.  I'm trying to make a point and you happen to be the one that's being used as an example.  This happens far too often and you're certainly not alone in doing it.  Normally I'll hide the posts but I felt that this needed to be discussed.  My apologies to the OP because my post has nothing to do with the sale of his speakers either.

I think he put it up on ebay.

Sorry it turned out this way.

2 hours ago, tidmack said:

Be honest, ClaudeJ1,  you weren't trying to be helpful at all. Your intent, like some of the other entitled members on this forum, was to impart your perceived value of my speakers on the rest of the membership.

I wish I had caught this sooner, moderators are not in every location on the forum all of the time. 

As a reminder, anyone can flag a response and it will alert the moderators and we can address a clear rule violation much quicker.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I agree with your comment here. I don't feel I'm getting picked on at all. My apologies to the OP as well, but I guess there had to be a subject of my lesson well learned here. Since this is my first and ONLY offense, you won't have to worry about another. Lesson learned................now back to our regularly scheduled program of making better sound.