Mixing & Matching Klipsch Series

Incloud

24 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Since it's bumped someone else might see it and comment on that particular pairing of speakers. He did say "so far I could not be happier" 🙂

Personally I thing that system could sound very good. Even if you got a deal on the RF3s and didn't like them, you can get your money back, or start another system.

Thanks! I still haven't give up on RP280F, hopefully the price will come down a bit. In the meantime, if the RF3 could work, I may get those first!

1 minute ago, Charlie_C said:

Thanks! I still haven't give up on RP280F, hopefully the price will come down a bit. In the meantime, if the RF3 could work, I may get those first!

Have you tried Cory about the price of new speakers? He's pretty good on pricing.

14 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I would watch getting a better center than your mains. Fwiw, I tried RF-3s along with an RC-7 and the first thing I noticed was how clean/crisp sounding the center was compared to the mains. YMMV.

My current setup is RP450C pairs with R-610F as my main. the 450C was a recent upgrade so I can't see myself upgrading that without the wife killing me lol. Since this setup is for my home theater 99% of the time, I upgraded the center first , from R-52C to RP-450C, and moved the r52c to living room where we only do casual TV watching or baby shark for the kid...

That being said, the living room only has a center so I really want to move the 610Fs to the living room and get myself a proper main in the HT.

Ideally I would get rp280f, but I'm still waiting for the price to drop....

40 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I would watch getting a better center than your mains. Fwiw, I tried RF-3s along with an RC-7 and the first thing I noticed was how clean/crisp sounding the center was compared to the mains. YMMV.

Why not the RC-3?

Liked my RF-3...

57 minutes ago, billybob said:

Why not the RC-3?

Liked my RF-3...

Me too. That soundstage sounds nice together and was my upgrade from the Klipsch synergy series (which I said was the last HT I would ever buy) and is an excellent bang for the buck new or used--I'm not sellin' my RF-3s even though they are not in use right now. Otoh, The RC-7 is a considerably nicer/more expensive center channel and was designed to be between RF-7s/RB-75s...One day I really wondered if I kept the RC-7 up front how much difference would it make to change out the RF-7s with the RF-3s because it really would make life easier if I could get away with a smaller footprint up front. I level-matched the speakers and then played multichannel music and movie cuts. The clarity of the RC-7 center stood out so it wasn't a seamless match--That's my take.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Me too. That soundstage sounds nice together and was my upgrade from the Klipsch synergy series (which I said was the last HT I would ever buy) and is an excellent bang for the buck new or used--I'm not sellin' my RF-3s even though they are not in use right now. Otoh, The RC-7 is a considerably nicer/more expensive center channel and was designed to be between RF-7s/RB-75s...One day I really wondered if I kept the RC-7 up front how much difference would it make to change out the RF-7s with the RF-3s because it really would make life easier if I could get away with a smaller footprint up front. I level-matched the speakers and then played multichannel music and movie cuts. The clarity of the RC-7 center stood out so it wasn't a seamless match--That's my take.

Good enough! Would you recommend the OP try the RF-3, since he has a line on them?

You have already! If in decent shape that is. Find an RC-3 and call it a day if not happy...🤠

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

So here comes the dilemma. I found a deal for RF3 II and RP-280F (different seller) and both of them are asking for about the same price. For RF3 its about 25 minutes drives, but for RP280F its a 3 hours drive one way. For about the same price, which one should I go for?  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Charlie_C said:

Hi Guys,

So here comes the dilemma. I found a deal for RF3 II and RP-280F (different seller) and both of them are asking for about the same price. For RF3 its about 25 minutes drives, but for RP280F its a 3 hours drive one way. For about the same price, which one should I go for?  

It depends which center channel you're gonna get. Fwiw, I would consider at least your front soundstage being in the same series because they were voice-matched for a seamless presentation. 

6 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

It depends which center channel you're gonna get. Fwiw, I would consider at least your front soundstage being in the same series because they were voice-matched for a seamless presentation. 

I will keep my RP450C. I mainly use it for home theater (95%) but I understand that the front three will be better if they are in the same product line. Just wonder if I'd be able to get by with rf3 so that I don't have to drive 3 hours lol 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Charlie_C said:

I will keep my RP450C. I mainly use it for home theater (95%) but I understand that the front three will be better if they are in the same product line. Just wonder if I'd be able to get by with rf3 so that I don't have to drive 3 hours lol 

While the RF-3 is good, hate to say this but the 280 is a decent step up for about the same price. See rf3 for 2- 3 hundred around here for decent shape with no dents in speaker cones on either speakers.

Besides newer, the 280 if in de cent shape used generally command more as they should as much newer model. So for good price, maybe worth your drive 

Does this help?

14 minutes ago, billybob said:

While the RF-3 is good, hate to say this but the 280 is a decent step up for about the same price. See rf3 for 2- 3 hundred around here for decent shape with no dents in speaker cones on either speakers.

Besides newer, the 280 if in de cent shape used generally command more as they should as much newer model. So for good price, maybe worth your drive 

Does this help?

Absolutely! In another word, rf3 will makes more sense only if I can get them cheaper than the 280f. 

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Charlie_C said:

Absolutely! In another word, rf3 will makes more sense only if I can get them cheaper than the 280f. 

Thanks a lot!

Depends on how much both are, of course. If you want to or need to, you can PM me about price, etc...

4 minutes ago, Charlie_C said:

Thanks!!! But am I to assume either one will be an upgrade to my current front three (r-610f and to-450c)?

Guessing missed you had the 610.

Do you not like or wanting to go bigger? Is this for stereo and or HT?.

The 610 think is newer than those 2 we are talking about.

If it is larger sound you are wanting, both have 8 inch dual woofers, .1 inch titanium diaphragms, both 98 db efficient.

The 280 is a bit heavier and goes lower in the bass department than the rf3.

Do not know the 610s specs so check out against those 2.

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Does this help?

I agree, the RP280 will blend better.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, billybob said:

Guessing missed you had the 610.

Do you not like or wanting to go bigger? Is this for stereo and or HT?.

The 610 think is newer than those 2 we are talking about.

If it is larger sound you are wanting, both have 8 inch dual woofers, .1 inch titanium diaphragms, both 98 db efficient.

The 280 is a bit heavier and goes lower in the bass department than the rf3.

Do not know the 610s specs so check out against those 2.

Ah yes, that’s my current setup. So long story short, originally in my living room I had the 610f as my left and right, r52c as my center and r51m as my satellite, a 5.1 setup. Not long after that my HT in the basement was built, so I moved everything to the HT and felt like the center channel was too weak for the dedicated HT, therefore I bought the rp450c and move the r52c to the living room TV. Now the living room only has center so I have been wanting to move the 610f to the living room so that it has a 3 channel system but I’ll need two towers to put in the HT, hence this thread lol

Originally I was looking only for 280f, but recently I have been looking at the used market and found the rf3 deal, and here we are!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Charlie_C said:

Ah yes, that’s my current setup. So long story short, originally in my living room I had the 610f as my left and right, r52c as my center and r51m as my satellite, a 5.1 setup. Not long after that my HT in the basement was built, so I moved everything to the HT and felt like the center channel was too weak for the dedicated HT, therefore I bought the rp450c and move the r52c to the living room TV. Now the living room only has center so I have been wanting to move the 610f to the living room so that it has a 3 channel system but I’ll need two towers to put in the HT, hence this thread lol

Originally I was looking only for 280f, but recently I have been looking at the used market and found the rf3 deal, and here we are!

Think I got that now.

On the decision at hand now.

Since you are keeping the 610s, you want larger.

Do you have questions between the 2 that have not been answered?

If a road trip is unwanted, there is your answer. If you want a better match to center with a newer, slightly heavier, improved tweeter horn and woofers, there is your answer.

Since do not know the price amount for both used speakers, cannot address that farther than I have.

One thing to consider, if buying either one, could you recoup your outlay in case you are disenchanted with your choice?