Mixing & Matching Klipsch Series

Incloud

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Think I got that now.

On the decision at hand now.

Since you are keeping the 610s, you want larger.

Do you have questions between the 2 that have not been answered?

If a road trip is unwanted, there is your answer. If you want a better match to center with a newer, slightly heavier, improved tweeter horn and woofers, there is your answer.

Since do not know the price amount for both used speakers, cannot address that farther than I have.

One thing to consider, if buying either one, could you recoup your outlay in case you are disenchanted with your choice?

I think deep inside my heart I know RP280F are better speakers but was wondering if it’s worth the price tag over the rf3 (if I negotiate the price down). If the performance isn’t super noticeably better than the rf3 in the HT setup then rf3 makes more sense to me (cheaper, no road trip, can get it sooner). The price difference is unknown since I haven’t negotiate it yet. But I was thinking to offer $300-$350 for the rf3 (listed $500) and the RP280F is listed for $500.

13 minutes ago, Charlie_C said:

I think deep inside my heart I know RP280F are better speakers but was wondering if it’s worth the price tag over the rf3 (if I negotiate the price down). If the performance isn’t super noticeably better than the rf3 in the HT setup then rf3 makes more sense to me (cheaper, no road trip, can get it sooner). The price difference is unknown since I haven’t negotiate it yet. But I was thinking to offer $300-$350 for the rf3 (listed $500) and the RP280F is listed for $500.

If were me, unless everything is nice including no dents or creases in drivers, nice looking with clean not abused cabinets, grille tabs not all broken and clean, with the footpads for speakers and all else, $300 to $325 maybe.

$500 is pretty decent price for 280s based on prices I see down here in Florida if they check out with the above. Different locations do vary.

Could be seller could knock off some for your road trip.

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

If were me, unless everything is nice including no dents or creases in drivers, nice looking with clean not abused cabinets, grille tabs not all broken and clean, with the footpads for speakers and all else, $300 to $325 maybe.

$500 is pretty decent price for 280s based on prices I see down here in Florida if they check out with the above. Different locations do vary.

Could be seller could knock off some for your road trip.

If $300 rf3 can give me performance not too far off than the 280f and is an noticeable upgrade to the 610f than that sounds like a go. The rf3 looks in decent shape, and according to the seller and pics there are no dent or damage of any kind except normal minor wears. 
I do like the look of 280 better besides the point that it is a better speaker. I guess I’m also trying to convince myself to go for rf3 as if i can get it at $300, that will save me $200 to maybe later invest on better subs...

I don’t know. It is a tough decision to make lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie_C said:

If $300 rf3 can give me performance not too far off than the 280f and is an noticeable upgrade to the 610f than that sounds like a go. The rf3 looks in decent shape, and according to the seller and pics there are no dent or damage of any kind except normal minor wears. 
I do like the look of 280 better besides the point that it is a better speaker. I guess I’m also trying to convince myself to go for rf3 as if i can get it at $300, that will save me $200 to maybe later invest on better subs...

Yep. It's your decision to make. Buy the speakers that best go with your center and invest in better subs. ;) Fwiw, once you get the front soundstage you want then you won't be spending dollars there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Charlie_C said:

Cool.... It is always an intro if a make offer but, OBO is an intro.

Always could get them and wait on something closer, like RF-7s.

On 3/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, Zen Traveler said:

Oh yeah, the RF-3s are nice speakers and if you are planning on upgrading could be a cost effective alternative for a few years until you do upgrade the front.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:04 PM, billybob said:

Cool.... It is always an intro if a make offer but, OBO is an intro.

Always could get them and wait on something closer, like RF-7s.

Hi guys, 

I finally pull the trigger on the RF3II! I “unintentionally” mentioned the $300 deal (yeah, I negotiated the price down!!) to my wife and to my surprise she is totally cool with it (not so much on RP280F’s $500 deal). So we went pick them up right away yesterday evening.

Upon arrival I found out one of the pin on the grill is broken but other than that they are in fair shape (minor scratch on cabinet).

I got to set them up this morning and I like it! It is definitely an upgrade to the 610f in terms of clarity and imaging (played some Yosi Horikawa and it was amazing). 
Thank you all for your suggestions! I’m happy with the purchase!

22A0F610-EEB3-4AE4-8BD7-E62BC8ABC916.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends,

Guess what? I ended up selling the r-610f, moving the rf3II to the living room and getting the RP280F!!! We traveled 3.5 hrs one way and got them, what a beautiful speaker. I am surprised the wife let me go for it. She apparently likes the walnut finish too. I guess as long as the "spouse approval factor" is not an issue, everything just gets a lot simpler lol

I am totally in love with the RP280f, they look substantial, elegant, not to mention, they sound fantastic! I feel like they are more crisp and cleaner, especially in the high and mid range, comparing to the RF3II. Not saying RF3II is bad sounding, they are great too. And either one of them is an noticeable upgrade to the R-610f.

Here is the pic to show off the speakers!! They are in great condition, maintained well and got them at a killer deal at $500 for the pair (I least I think they are totally worth it!!) 

IMG-4201.jpg

• Like 2