Happy Thanksgiving!

YK Thom

Happy Thanksgiving long weekend to one and all north of the border. Although Monday is officially Thanksgiving, many if not most have thier dinner on the Sunday. My bird is now in the oven and I’ll soon start sipping wine and working on the rest of the menu. Feels like a Bill Evans kind of Sunday, and the discs are already pulled and ready to be played.

Thanksgiving Monday will be devoted to a couple pints, leftovers and a CFL double header. Calgary squaring off against Montreal followed by the big one: Edmonton vs Saskatchewan.

Columbus Day greetings to all my American friends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

Happy Thanksgiving long weekend to one and all north of the border. Although Monday is officially Thanksgiving, many if not most have thier dinner on the Sunday. My bird is now in the oven and I’ll soon start sipping wine and working on the rest of the menu. Feels like a Bill Evans kind of Sunday, and the discs are already pulled and ready to be played.

Thanksgiving Monday will be devoted to a couple pints, leftovers and a CFL double header. Calgary squaring off against Montreal followed by the big one: Edmonton vs Saskatchewan.

Columbus Day greetings to all my American friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.  We can't feast til next month.  That's the official start  of the holiday season and w whole bunch of eating until Jan. 1st.

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving to you.  It makes sense Canada would not celebrate Thanksgiving on the same day as the American holiday declared by President Lincoln.

If you went to Sams Club where I'm at they already have all the Christmas stuff out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you.  It makes sense Canada would not celebrate Thanksgiving on the same day as the American holiday declared by President Lincoln.

If you went to Sams Club where I'm at they already have all the Christmas stuff out.

I was at a Tractor Supply store earlier today. Our heat index today is 95 degrees, and they had snow blowers on sale 😀

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Thanks. Not sure why ours is when it is, always just assumed it was tied to the harvest season which is earlier here because of latitude. It is always the second Monday in October rather than a specified date, ensuring  a long weekend

• Like 1