Does anyone here make Cornwall motorboards?

a9050lx

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, ODS123 said:

... isn’t it a bit tacky to come to a manufacturers website seeking help to copy their products ? 

People have been doing this kind of thing for a very long time. I don't think Klipsch cares, because if they did - they would have put a stop to it. This is what the Technical/Modifications section was set up for ("Talk about updating & modifying older speakers ..."). Maybe move the thread?

• Like 1

Thanks guys.I built a Cornwall II set of clones 10 or so years ago out of MDF and painted them black.I cut the motorboards very carefully with a jigsaw but still they were not absolutely perfect.At one time I was going to prime the boxes and paint them with an automotive base/clear, but came to my senses finally.Since in another life I was a formica laminator, I figured this time I will build for looks as the speakers themselves sound very very good.I should be able to fake my way through a nice veneer job with my eyes closed.Just didnt want to cut the motorboard as I will spend more time cutting them then I will building the rest of the box.This time will be good plywood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a9050lx said:

Thanks guys.I built a Cornwall II set of clones 10 or so years ago out of MDF and painted them black.I cut the motorboards very carefully with a jigsaw but still they were not absolutely perfect.At one time I was going to prime the boxes and paint them with an automotive base/clear, but came to my senses finally.Since in another life I was a formica laminator, I figured this time I will build for looks as the speakers themselves sound very very good.I should be able to fake my way through a nice veneer job with my eyes closed.Just didnt want to cut the motorboard as I will spend more time cutting them then I will building the rest of the box.This time will be good plywood.

Good luck on your build. We love pics and threads about building speakers, if you wanted to share.