4 Lascalas for $1500.00 / Phoenix area

Tony T

Maple?  What do you guys see on the label?  I can't quite read it.  I'd like to know the year also but I can't make out the letter.  I'm guessing those are circa 1976.

There are a couple of Maple finishes, both very rare according to the Good Book.

ML Maple Lacquer Rare"Hardrock Maple"

MO Maple Oiled Rare"Hardrock Maple"

I don't see four LS for $1500, I see buy one get one free.  Buy all four, sell one pair for $1500, keep the other pair, buy one get one free.  One of us really needs to grab those.  Man, that's a Youthman deal.   B)

42 minutes ago, Tony T said:

That's how I see it wvu80. I'm already considering the drive and left a message

I sold a pair of 1978 LS Birch Raw for $1400 and a guy drove 5 hours one-way to pick them up.  Although they were clean they didn't look nearly as nice as those Maple finished LS.  That LS finish has a nice looking grain.

Good luck!

10 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I don't see four LS for $1500, I see buy one get one free.  Buy all four, sell one pair for $1500, keep the other pair, buy one get one free.  One of us really needs to grab those.  Man, that's a Youthman deal.   B)

I saw the ad and I'm wondering, because of the wording:

Klipsch LaScala 1 speakers x4 - $1500 (Mesa)

OK, so it could be 1 speaker, $1500 x 4, but then why is "speakers" listed as plural, or it could be as is assumed here, 1 speakers x 4 = 4 speakers for $1500.

What further confuses things is "I want to sell them all together - if I don't get a decent price I may refinish them."

So they "want to sell them all together" but the ad would only refer to individual speakers if interpreted as 1 speaker at $1500 each.

Hopefully somebody can clarify.

… o O (WillyScalas) 

interesting math, get 2 one week, next week get 4 more, the following week is only inevitable that a bar should close somewhere, and offer 8 soon.... come Thanksgiving we'll all be reading about the guy using WillyScalas to hold his roof up... 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, windashine said:

… o O (WillyScalas) 

interesting math, get 2 one week, next week get 4 more, the following week is only inevitable that a bar should close somewhere, and offer 8 soon.... come Thanksgiving we'll all be reading about the guy using WillyScalas to hold his roof up... 

And he can deliver them...anywhere in the USA!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

wife weighed in with a NO.... I guess I'm out.

I asked the guy ea or for all... He said ALL. I think he changed his mind ....

I know what you mean about the WAF.  That's unfortunate because after a sale you would have ended up with a pair of LS for FREE.  Then if she still hates them you could have ended up $1500 to the good.  :(

+++

I agree the ad was worded strangely.  Is it now $1500 EACH or $1500 ALL FOUR?  Here's what the ad says as of 5 minutes ago: 

" Price is for all 4 speakers. "

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

I assure you gentlemen, the original ad title was posted differently last night. It now suggests 1500.00 x 4.

34 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I agree the ad was worded strangely.  Is it now $1500 EACH or $1500 ALL FOUR?  Here's what the ad says as of 5 minutes ago: 

" Price is for all 4 speakers. "

I don't know what the ad said last night, but yes, in addition to the "I want to sell them all together - if I don't get a decent price I may refinish them." the ad stated "Price is for all 4 speakers" when I looked several hours ago.

So this is still a spectacular example of miscommunication.  Once again, one sentence implies "all 4 speakers," but the "I want to sell them all together" implies they're for sale as singular speakers.  

I was also wondering if the title could be "Klipsch LaScala 1 speakers" and then the quantity "x4" and then the price  "- $1500" 

It would be great if Tony T could say what the ad was last night.

• Like 1

A great deal and only about ten miles from my house. But I lack the space and electronics to set up another pair, let alone four more. I'll not buy them to stack in my garage against the possibility of future use so I must pass.

Now if an inexpensive set of Forte II speakers show up I'd be all over them, as space could be made for them. They would replace my I Pod dock in the garage.

• Sad 1