New RP line up!

smallsmx3

Just picked up the 504c and 8000f. It's my first Klipsch speakers and so far I love the clarity of the tweeter. For the hour that I've used the 504c it's easily the best Center I've owned. Also the largest. Like really big. I haven't really had a chance to let these things loose yet but I will hopefully tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

c0fe3425309d77a9c21e7811efc1d1a2.jpg
  • Like 2

How much was this front stage? Great stuff, I'm looking to upgrade my front stage next year and this could very well be what I'm looking at. 

EDIT: Ok just checked prices on Klipsch.com. If someone didn't care about the much better looking redesign, would the RP-280 sound identical to these? I mean it is the exact same drivers, right? Is the only difference the sleeker looking cabinet? Because damn $479 a pop for the RP-280 is very enticing. 

Edited by CoryGillmore

How much was this front stage? Great stuff, I'm looking to upgrade my front stage next year and this could very well be what I'm looking at. 

EDIT: Ok just checked prices on Klipsch.com. If someone didn't care about the much better looking redesign, would the RP-280 sound identical to these? I mean it is the exact same drivers, right? Is the only difference the sleeker looking cabinet? Because damn $479 a pop for the RP-280 is very enticing. 
I have a buddy who gets them at cost. He got all 3 for less then the cost of 1 at retail. I think it's identical minus the cabinet material and the vented tweeter. I'm really impressed with the build quality of these speakers

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smallsmx3 said:

I have a buddy who gets them at cost. He got all 3 for less then the cost of 1 at retail. I think it's identical minus the cabinet material and the vented tweeter. I'm really impressed with the build quality of these speakers

Damn you lucky dawg! Let me get your address and the time frames when no one is home....lol

On 10/8/2018 at 10:39 PM, CoryGillmore said:

Ok just checked prices on Klipsch.com. If someone didn't care about the much better looking redesign, would the RP-280 sound identical to these? I mean it is the exact same drivers, right? Is the only difference the sleeker looking cabinet? Because damn $479 a pop for the RP-280 is very enticing. 

They vented the tweeter which supposedly makes it smoother at the crossover overlap area, most everything else is cosmetic.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smallsmx3 said:

So far I'm really Digging them.....I was expecting more boom out of them....

You mean like low end bass? Nah you don't wanna be depending on towers for your bass. Especially for home theater use. I'd cross them things over at 80-100hz and let the sub handle all the beautiful low end. I've got two R-12SW subs helping out my R-28F towers and my towers never play a note below 100hz even though they're rated down to 45hz I think. Was 80hz for a while. I'd turn the LPF as high as it will go without localizing the sub in your room. Since my subs are siting directly beside my towers I really could have crossed them over at 120hz but settled at 100hz for some reason. Even my little modest system rocks in 2.2 mode for music. 

You mean like low end bass? Nah you don't wanna be depending on towers for your bass. Especially for home theater use. I'd cross them things over at 80-100hz and let the sub handle all the beautiful low end. I've got two R-12SW subs helping out my R-28F towers and my towers never play a note below 100hz even though they're rated down to 45hz I think. Was 80hz for a while. I'd turn the LPF as high as it will go without localizing the sub in your room. Since my subs are siting directly beside my towers I really could have crossed them over at 120hz but settled at 100hz for some reason. Even my little modest system rocks in 2.2 mode for music. 
Yeah I'm in need of a new sub.... But my wife doesn't like it on so a little bass from the towers is good