Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deang

Hey Klipsch!

Recommended Posts

So, if I buy a pair of Sixes, will they be dead in a year? And if they die, will you support me?

 

Your history/reputation with powered stuff is terrible.

 

$800 is a lot of money to me right now.

 

I’ve been using a Bose Soundlink III for almost three years now - not even a hiccup. 

 

I’ll only pull the trigger if you’re willing to OWN IT. 

 

#promediapieceofshitdontwanttoendupthere

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought mine on Oct 16 last year.  Going strong so far.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the workroom, but believe me, the Soundlink III is no slouch. 

 

The Sixes probably sound better, but what good is that if they die right after the warranty runs out? I can’t think of a single powered product that lasted much over a year and had any real support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the model before that one - barely made it six months. I had the LF-10 subwoofer - same. 

 

RP-3 and RP-5 = Junk. 

 

No end to the nonsense with these products. People would join the forum looking for help. Crickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thread jack!

 

that reminds me... I do indeed need a blue tooth solution for the wife.

 

recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also considering the Sixes, when I was shopping for my office but then I kept reading about issues with so many other Klipsch products with on-board electronics.

 

The lack of support the poor HD Wireless people seem to be getting, certainly didn’t hurt my decision to stick with non-powered Klipsch speakers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent some time at ABT recently with a friend who was in the market for a Bluetooth speaker and tested out all the better models and the one that outperformed the others was the Marshall Woburn Bluetooth speaker.

 

The unit is just a few months old so not sure about long term reliability but if you need something that really jams check it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow... I had no idea marshal had that arm of manufacturing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally understand your concern about long-time serviceability.  ..As I see it, by integrating these inexpensive amps into a speaker  you make what is usually the MOST reliable part of an Audio system and turn it into the least AND obligate yourself to shipping the whole speaker in for servicing should a problem arise.  Honestly, I struggle to understand the convenience advantage of the Sixes over, say, one of Klipsch's passive speakers matched w/ any of the sub $100 mini-sized amps one can buy at PartsXpress or on Amazon - any of which is probably on par quality-wise with what's built into the Sixes.  ..Many of these standalone amps are bluetooth equipped and/or have an extra input so you can connect your own wireless adapter.  Some are barely bigger than a deck of cards, and have signal sensing auto off/on so they can be tucked behind one of the speakers, never to be seen again unless a problem arises.  ..And if one does, just toss the cheapy amp and buy another.

 

By going with an active speaker you still have to get a power cord to the powered speaker, then a wire to the other speaker, so just how much is clutter really reduced by the Sixes?

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about simplicity.  One less button to push or wire to plug in is worth a lot to some people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jason str said:

Spent some time at ABT recently with a friend who was in the market for a Bluetooth speaker and tested out all the better models and the one that outperformed the others was the Marshall Woburn Bluetooth speaker.

 

The unit is just a few months old so not sure about long term reliability but if you need something that really jams check it out.

 

I actually have a Marshall Woburn.  I received it as a Christmas gift a few years ago.  ..It looks great, and can play incredibly loud w/out distorting.  But it's imaging is basically non-existent.  AND, if you read the reviews on Amazon, you'll see a fair number of gripes about the internal bluetooth receiver or amp going bad.  When that happens, it becomes a huge hassle shipping it somewhere for service.  Mine, thankfully, has not had any issues.

 

I have it hooked to an Apple airport express (for iTunes streaming) and a Logitech Touch (for Pandora, XM, etc..)

 

 

woburn.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ODS123 said:

 

I actually have a Marshall Woburn.  I received it as a Christmas gift a few years ago.  ..It looks great, and can play incredibly loud w/out distorting.  But it's imaging is basically non-existent.  AND, if you read the reviews on Amazon, you'll see a fair number of gripes about the internal bluetooth receiver or amp going bad.  When that happens, it becomes a huge hassle shipping it somewhere for service.  Mine, thankfully, has not had any issues.

 

I have it hooked to an Apple airport express (for iTunes streaming) and a Logitech Touch (for Pandora, XM, etc..)

 

 

woburn.jpg

 

 

Don't expect good imaging from speakers located only inches apart.

 

There is a Woburn model that you can connect 2 units to make an actual stereo pair with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jason str said:

Don't expect good imaging from speakers located only inches apart.

 

There is a Woburn model that you can connect 2 units to make an actual stereo pair with.

 

You're right of course.  ..As for connecting two, I think I'd pursue other options.

 

To the OP,  my warnings about serviceability aside I do believe the Sixes are beautiful!!  ..They look fabulous and probably sound great!  ..And compared to my Marshall Woburn, which was $549, I'd say the Sixes at $150 more,  are probably a better value.  I'm just saying that  before you buy, understand that you're getting something that probably cannot be cost-effectively serviced.  I'll bet Klipsch doesn't even repair most of the returned units during the Warranty period - my hunch is they simply replace them.  Probably true of the Woburn too.  ..If years long service is a MUST, I personally  think a standalone amp + separate speakers is a better play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

 

You're right of course.  ..As for connecting two, I think I'd pursue other options.

 

To the OP,  my warnings about serviceability aside I do believe the Sixes are beautiful!!  ..They look fabulous and probably sound great!  ..And compared to my Marshall Woburn, which was $549, I'd say the Sixes at $150 more,  are probably a better value.  I'm just saying that  before you buy, understand that you're getting something that probably cannot be cost-effectively serviced.  I'll bet Klipsch doesn't even repair most of the returned units during the Warranty period - my hunch is they simply replace them.  Probably true of the Woburn too.  ..If years long service is a MUST, I personally  think a standalone amp + separate speakers is a better play.  

 

 

Agree, my money would go to a little Topping Bluetooth amplifier or similar and bookshelf of choice.

 

My friend was only interested in a stand alone unit thus we only demoed those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deano I hear ya and I put off buying ANY powered Klipsch stuff for a long time. I bought the Three last year and it has performed flawlessly to this point so I pulled the trigger recently on the R-15PM's as a test mule. I hope they last the convenience factor really is nice these will go into the exercise room and see minimal use. I really wanted the sixes but I just could not spend the coin on those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I purchased a Marshall Stanmore about 4 years ago and gave to my wife. She used it to play her music. Bee Gees, ABBA, Michael Blublay. 

  About two years ago our son drug it up to his room. Hard rap (bad words) at house shaking levels for the last two years. Still plays fine after that abuse. Our son thinks it is awesome. Cannot believe how loud it plays.

  I will stick with Heritage series from Klipsch. Do not want number one son so to figure out how loud the La Sala’s and a sub can play what he calls music. I am sure it can put cracks in either the Sheetrock or Windows.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, there's ways to make them not listen to that (c)rap. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...