My name is Newman...

Schu

Schu - so sorry to read of your loss.  for me it was only a few years ago my fiance introduced me to what it was like to really HAVE a pet.  4 yrs ago, we helped one of ours as he crossed the bridge.  it was so hard for me, and I know how hard it is for you guys.  my heart goes out to you now.  as others said above, as I read through your OP I had a feeling where it was going.

and that's fine.  we're glad you posted.  and as others also said, I write this with tears in my eyes too.  it is such a hard thing for us to do because we will miss them so.

but as posted just above me - we are their everything, and I'm sure our lives are better because they are in it.

sympathies, thoughts & prayers for you & Mom.  we're with you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rockhound said:

Sorry for your loss Schu. What was Newman's favorite song? I'll play it tonight in his memory.My dog loves hot for teacher by Van Halen I'm not kidding gets her tail wagging every time she hears it.

Hard to say... I think she liked acoustical music without a driving beat.

Thanks to all, you've made lessened my pain and loss greatly. It's really wonderful how a community has the power to do this.

• Like 7

I've had to put a couple 4 legged family members down in the past.  It's so gut wrenching I always swear I'll never get another one and subject myself to that type pain again.  Once they're gone and the house is empty I can't help myself.  The collective joy they bring us always outweighs the pain of their departure.

• Like 3

My condolences Schu.  

I have had a lot of dogs in my time and have many pictures hung on the wall of them here and there too. It looks like you guys gave her a great life and she gave you and your wife the best of times as well. She is truly free now.

• Like 1

Awesome you guys... this helped me so very much to heal and deal with the pain. It's truly awesome.

I still swear I see her out of the corner of my eye all the time... when I look, she's never really there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Schu said:

I still swear I see her out of the corner of my eye all the time... when I look, she's never really there.

It's been 2 years since I said goodbye to Mungkus, after his being an important piece of my puzzle for 14 years.

I still  see him occasionally when I get home...

• Like 2

My goodness. What a wonderful tribute to your sweet and devoted companion. Like many others I have gone through the same pain. Unless one has experienced it they wouldn’t know. After our last experience I swore I wouldn’t go through it again but low and behold we now have a wonderful new companion. Different for sure then her previous siblings but wonderful in her own way. If I could be so bold to suggest that there is a Newman out there that needs you as much as you need her. Just saying. 

You mentioned you keep seeing her out of the corner of your eye....even after 5 years I still think I hear our departed love one rambling through the house. I hope that will remain for you as well. 

Josh 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/12/2018 at 6:44 PM, rebuy said:

I'm so sorry for you loss. My 18 Y/O Cat died Tuesday night from Poisoning from a Hartz Flea Collar.

Had that exact same thing happened to a new kitten we got years ago, called Heartz, they said yea that can happen sometimes with kittens. Kind of was expecting a little different answer, but to them, it was just business.