Hurricane Michael

dtel

30 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

seeing the windows breathing on the one newscast, brought flashbacks of Iniki.

Hope for the best for all affected by Michael.

@Tarheel

we have the place on KureBeach for a week in May. The next disaster will be then.

May should be good.....not hurricane season.  I hopefully will make it to the Outer Banks Oct.23 after cancelling out twice.  Any later in the year and I will need a heavy coat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, willland said:

@billybob,

How did our FL Big Bend friend fare?

Bill

We fared well thank you. Never planned to leave yet, had a plan if needed to do so. In a rather large camper with a brother nearby. Plenty of rain and wind yet camper rv held steady with no blackouts. Have not seen the news but sure there is plenty about the panhandle, especially the PCB area. Weak signal here made this thread informative for me. When I go out later, thinking some fared much worse abit closer than us to the water. Am located maybe 2 1/2 miles from gulf mouth of river and 300 yards away from same river. Higher ground than some here.:) Thanks for asking...

• Like 6

What's left of it must be parallel with my longitude right now. We've got the strongest wind @ 1:15pm we've had since the bluster started yesterday.

It's 35 to 45 mph constant from the north for the past while. Obviously tropical in nature if you've ever experienced it before.

It's been wet here for a while now, from my regard it's better than a heatwave & drought!

• Like 2

• Moderators

It can take a while, they clear roads and figure out where to put areas where people to get to for water and food, like a big parking lot in a central location, the food is usually MRE's. Last I heard they were still trying to rescue people, then look for bodies and clear/check structures for bodies. It's one big job and really a wonder how efficient they are but it takes alot of time to cover this much area and buildings.

They do a great job imo, well from what I have seen happen here.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, dtel said:

It can take a while, they clear roads and figure out where to put areas where people to get to for water and food, like a big parking lot in a central location, the food is usually MRE's. Last I heard they were still trying to rescue people, then look for bodies and clear/check structures for bodies. It's one big job and really a wonder how efficient they are but it takes alot of time to cover this much area and buildings.

They do a great job imo, well from what I have seen happen here.

I see what you are saying, but it always seems the Cajun Navy is there first.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This update then. Thanks for the info since been offline somewhat! Since the last post on the 16th cannot say much but, was happy to see the El Governor Motel still standing although not in the altogether since the gift shop gave way underneath. Have stayed with companion in past years and somewhat happy to see structure built in 89 still standing abeit, no good photo as of yet. We gave up at the time the Cape San Blas state cabins for the Mexico accomadations which were gracious. Mexico Beach? We shall see...