Water a Fundamental Right?

mangofirst

So I was reading this article earlier and I noticed that the Flint Community Schools Superintendent mentioned that "having access to safe, clean water from water fountains" should be a fundamental right.  That got me curious as to what documents are out there that lay out human fundamental rights. Wikipedia to the rescue! I was unable to find the word water in any of the texts below...

Can you make something that is concrete a fundamental right?? 

Screenshot_20181010-185214_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20181010-185301_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20181010-185447_Brave.jpg

Nestle will answer ALL of that...   I won't start...    Bottom line...   This may be in Cali but it's happening all over the US.  Tapping mountain water supplies in our National Park systems.  Govt contracts have expired and ignored by Nestle...  Google is your friend but imo its total bull&#iY! 

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/environment/2018/02/09/bottled-water-maker-nestle-tells-california-regulators-its-entitled-keep-bottling-water/324976002/

I don't and won't ever give Nestle another penny of my money!  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Nestle will answer ALL of that...   I won't start...    Bottom line...   This may be in Cali but it's happening all over the US.  Tapping mountain water supplies in our National Park systems.  Govt contracts have expired and ignored by Nestle...  Google is your friend but imo its total bull&#iY! 

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/environment/2018/02/09/bottled-water-maker-nestle-tells-california-regulators-its-entitled-keep-bottling-water/324976002/

Damn, I should've known water is one of those things people have always fought over. Like, for forever-ever...and until forever-ever.

• Like 2

Just now, mangofirst said:

Damn, I should've known water is one of those things people have always fought over. Like, for forever-ever...and until forever-ever.

Research their Board of Directors...  They've always said water is not FREE and shouldn't be.  So with that mind-set the US Govt has always just "looked the other way."  They tap the Rockies and many other Natl Park systems and get away with it.  Research their bottling plants and they're almost all near a Natl Park they tap...  They're pathetic!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mangofirst said:

Drop your articles about water for my reading pleasure. Kthx.

Me do YOUR research?  hahahaha...  Google and GO!  Grab a double choccy milk and hit it!    I've taken my buddies boys & friends camping all over the US in the past 6 years. Perfect example...  Zion Natl Park?  A case of Dasani was $10.  Sure I get it.  There isnt any water so they can get what they want in stores BUT...  Then the National Parks haul TONS of plastic bottles out of there a year?  We drank FREE potable water refilling our empty bottles.  Sure a lot of it's on people today NOT thinking about tomorrow but Nestle has the nads to SELL water?  A business but....  Seriously?  End of my rant!   :)

• Like 1

I know there's a story here as far as national parks go. Hot Springs National Park used to supply water to the Arlington Hotel & Spa for their hot tub and out of a spigot in the lobby, but that changed about 7-8 years ago. I never researched it. I think the city is involved somehow.

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Within the context of this thread, let me ask you this.....How do the people you are going to vote for this November support this issue pro and/or con?  Rant all you want, and I do....but do your research.

I don't think I ranted...just posted some facts and questions.

Also, I've been to my Secretary of State website to see my ballot and will be researching all of the items on it, but I don't know yet. And I live in Louisiana, where we have extra water most times, so I'm not sure which issue would be covered here. Are you referring to how they vote on the EPA or what?