Chorus II

G Man

Hello, I’m looking to purchase a Pair of Chorus II’s. Has a pair 20 years ago, finally have space for them again. Prefer black, but I am open. Have a pair of Crites x-overs and diaphragms waiting to go in. I had a deal in Panama City Florida to be picked up yesterday that poor city took a direct hit from the hurricane yesterday......

I’m in the Phx area, but I would arrange the packing and pickup all on my end. 

Thank you 

F2384422-4595-4D92-9FBA-2CF7CBA2C39F.jpeg

710864B6-C49B-41EA-BA8E-6A1FBEFFAB28.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have a pair of Chorus II speakers for sale.  Asking $1300.  They are in great condition however they are the walnut version, not black.  If interested, let me know and I can add photos.  I'm in the Olympia, WA area.  Shipping would be a bugger.

Thanks,

Dave

PS they can be seen on Seattle’s Craigslist under electronics

Edited by Delphi

17 minutes ago, angusruler said:

hey there. I have a pr of black chorus 2's. new crites woofers and rebuilt crites xovers. search my posts and you will see pics. or I can send u recents. great shape great sound I just dont use them! the only problem I foresee is that im in md. id rate them an 8 out of 10. very minor knicks on bottoms which I can easily touch up. I also installed grilles on the rear passive radiators.

Edit

• 2 months later...

The CW1526CF can be used in a Chorus II but is not rated at the amount of power the original woofer is.  Another consideration is whether or not it will even fit.  The cast aluminum frame is 1/8 larger in diameter than the steel frame original woofer.  In some cases the cast frame will fit in the recess and in some cases will not fit.

Bob Crites

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BEC said:

The CW1526CF can be used in a Chorus II but is not rated at the amount of power the original woofer is.  Another consideration is whether or not it will even fit.  The cast aluminum frame is 1/8 larger in diameter than the steel frame original woofer.  In some cases the cast frame will fit in the recess and in some cases will not fit.

Bob Crites

Thanks Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BEC said:

Bob Crites

The k-48 is a cast frame pro woofer and is 4ohms, the size of the magnet at 96oz is dramatically larger than the one used on the k-33 also the Chorus II crossover uses a 3.5mh inductor rather than the 2.5mh used in the Cornwall so it surprises me a little that these would be considered a drop in replacement although, admittedly I'm not the expert here.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, BEC said:

Bob Crites

Mr. Bob, you always are a class act.

• Moderators
On 10/25/2018 at 12:39 PM, G Man said:

I’m still searching for a nice pair of black chorus II’s. 

Please keep me in mind 

Much appreciated. Thank you

Ill handle any pickup, packing delivery on my end. 

Are you still looking?  If so we can leave this up for you, if not please reply and let us know "found".

Are you still looking?  If so we can leave this up for you, if not please reply and let us know "found".

I am still looking for a nice pair of Chorus II’s or La Scala’s. 

EDIT BY TRAVIS: Let's leave it like this, without the extra commentary, which I have moved or hidden.  If you would still like to start a new one that also mentions you are also looking for LS let me knownand I will be happy to do so.

Travis

• 1 month later...

Thanks for everyone’s help an advice. After six months of trying to get some Chorus II’s back in my life, it finally happened! I would have never found them with out the help in this forum!

Thank you guys!

Bought them Thursday and have already started a restoration on them. Going for the new forte III white oak, lambs wool grill cover look but instead of oak used a walnut. Thinking about doing some short risers bases with a slight tilt back. Similar to heresy’s. If you have any suggestions please share!

Heres some pics, I’ll keep posting until complete. 

I am still looking for a nice pair of Chorus II’s or La Scala’s. I declined this purchase for the same questions others brought up. I also checked with Bob about the woofers.  Information did not match up and the seller got defensive an I chose not to engage and continue my search. 

At this point, if it is best to take this post down an I repost for my search let’s do that. Whatever is best for the group. This one kinda blew up.......

1E94D969-1203-4A5E-9BD2-84F34C6611C0.jpeg

• Like 6