Crites CT-120

Jvitti1970

There are different opinions here but personally I prefer the K-77M. The CT-120 is smoother but the K-77 has a certain real and lifelike sound to it that I really like. If you are going the full swap with CT-120 tweeter and 4500/A crossover then its a good idea though as the new crossover helps mitigate some resonances in the k400 horn at higher frequencies.

• Like 1

59e2c0f165518_KhornSEOSrighttopview.thumb.JPG.9f594d1c6ed0ec9960501d11798aef8b.JPG

2 hours ago, Jvitti1970 said:

will the original tweeter not work well with the 4500

The A/4500 WILL NOT work with the K-77.  The K-77 can't go lower than the OEM XO point of 6000 hz.  If you try to cross at 4500 Hz it will fry the tweeter.  The Crites CT-120 and CT-125 safely handle that 4500 Hz XO.

I used the A/4500 with my Khorns and added a tweeter ON TOP of the Khorns.  My SEOS 12" horn and Denovo DNA-360 where immensely better than the K-77 but they are two different animals.  Putting the SEOS 12 on top of the Khorn enabled me to change the dreaded time delay to a more correct configuration.

3 hours ago, Jvitti1970 said:

What if I want to keep the original tweeter but still rebuild the crossover will the original tweeter not work well with the 4500 or should I use a different network !

You don't want to use the original K77 with the 4500 network.  There is no protection in the circuit.

I would stay with the AA network.

https://critesspeakers.com/bk-sound-type-a4500-crossov.html

• Like 1