Shishido 2A3 anyone?

a9050lx

Still amazed a 2a3  amp makes enough power for the Chorus speakers.At low to moderate levels this combination sounds beautiful.Mostly listening to Ambient and Jazz as that is all I have patience for anymore.I liked the sound of this design so much (single ended direct coupled) I built 2 of them.Using  New Sensor 90's vintage Chinese dual plate and Sovtek output tubes, although the Sovteks sound better to me.Anyone that has a desire to build a 2a3 amp at least consider the Shishido.

1 hour ago, Schu said:

I need more ambient... any good recommendations ?

=== you’d be shocked what a 2a3 will do with your LS2. May not have the ballz of the VRD’s but you’ll be amazed at the clarity. My Wright’s ran the helll out of my LS but ran out of steam trying to get Jubes really cookin’. 

13 hours ago, richieb said:

=== you’d be shocked what a 2a3 will do with your LS2. May not have the ballz of the VRD’s but you’ll be amazed at the clarity. My Wright’s ran the helll out of my LS but ran out of steam trying to get Jubes really cookin’. 

My 2A3 amps were simply magical on my LS.

• 2 weeks later...

I second SET+KHORN+AMBIENT= BLISS!  Ambient was all I listened to for much of the 90's then I went away from it when I got out of the HIFI hobby.  Getting back into it I was pleased to stumble on the 2017 album by Bola called D.E.G.  It's very much old-school with Aphex Twin, Orb, FSOL influences, but very, very well done.  A true system workout.