Best Tube amp under $1500 for vintage Lascala

Jvitti1970

3 hours ago, Schu said:

I still think a well designed and implemented Push Pull is the way to go if you like impact... many folks make them.

Although I don't like push-pull amps, I agree with the above for your particular application.  For the money, you can't beat Bob Latino's offerings if you want to go with something brand new:

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/bob.htm#ST120

I think one is available in the Garage Sale section of the forum.

If you decide to go with vintage, Eico made some really terrific amps like the HF-89.  You may be able to find one which has been professionally restored for under $1k.

Maynard

• Like 2

I’m driving my Cornwalls with a Transcendent Sound SEOTL (original strapped to mono) at 4 watts. Granted my listening room is small but the amps are up to ear splitting levels. They are somewhat hard to find used but well worth the effort. OBTW, they replaced a Amp Camp Amp, solid state SE. 

Bob

• Like 1

I power my LaScalas with either a George Wright push/pull amp or Decware monoblocks and love the sound.  You should be able to find either in your budget.  On Audio Asylum there is a Dennis Had Inspire amp and a modified Dynaco that would serve you well.

I'm assuming you already have a preamp? What about a vintage Conrad Johnson mv52/60/70 tube amp. Great sounding amp, availabilable for under $1500, no problem. Very warm mid/high-end great playing jazz/ reggae. Been one of my favs. Oh yeah good bottom end too for a tube.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk