La Scala's near Nashville TN

S2Wheels

10 minutes ago, Randyh said:

go get em , the add does say that they are working -

LSI's are my favorite La Scalas. With some elbow grease, Duratex, a few K-55-V soldered lugs and MAHL tweets thrown in there these will be some bad boys. They even wrote a song about this years ago. "The Shrill is Gone" ;D

14 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Mahl tweeters.... As in Mahl tweeters in chrorus on ebay?   GLWS man.  Sounds like you have a winner with the new horns.   

Those are mine. Best set I have ever heard and one of my nearby customers said they reminded him of the MCM's sound.

• Haha 1

You are welcome Dave.   I think its kinda cool they have some history.   Who knows....you might find a bag of weed or Geritol in the bass bins :) .   

FYI, before and after pictures would be cool. 

Edited by S2Wheels

12 hours ago, S2Wheels said:

You are welcome Dave.   I think its kinda cool they have some history.   Who knows....you might find a bag of weed or Geritol in the bass bins :) .   

FYI, before and after pictures would be cool. 

I don't know about all that I am just hoping for working drivers. Those crossovers have to be pretty bad by now so fixing them is a given. I will get pictures although after may take a while. I have a backlog of an old KP201, Heresy I, three Altec A-7's, one set of KP-456 and a set of KP-450 horns both needing cabinets if I can't find them I have to build some, a Forte that needs minor re-veneering and finally the LSI's I am getting today. Oh and I need to do a set of Super MWM's and they may be at the top of the list because inquiring minds want to know how they do.

Outside of making MAHL horn lenses I think my speaker time is spoken for until next year.