WTB: K-23-K for Forte

jfjacques

why don't you check them out and see if you can do a repair? Could be the dust cap or the spider those are your two most obvious things you can flip the woofer 180 degrees and it might solve your problem. woofers ought to be flipped every ten years or less to help with sag. If you have to replace I strongly recommend you replace both of them so you will have a match otherwise you won't.

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2018 at 5:45 AM, jfjacques said:

I do see now that dust cap is almost completely falling off - any recommendations on glue something like a clear tacky glue likely? Thanks 

sure a PVA tacky glue would work but regular old white wood glue which is the same base component (which is PVA) is thinner and will wet itself under and into the gap between the dust cap and the cone will serve you better and it is designed to work on wood which is what paper is made of, a perfect combination. White wood glue dries clear and is compliant and will have some flex the perfect speaker repair adhesive and it is 100% non toxic. Use a thin glue line on each surface.

1 hour ago, jfjacques said:

Thanks again I’ll try that first before sourcing a new woofer! 

don't forget to rotate your woofers it can only help as a twelve inch cone is going to suffer some sag over 20 plus years of gravity. a small dot of nail polish on your frame at 12 o'clock will indicate up and down for you.