Klipschorn 2-way driver choice

RAzZin

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:12 AM, Arash said:

Edgar style Tractrix horn with cuttoff frequency about 258Hz.

I have read your build threads over the years. There was one a while back where you expressed a wish to build a K-402 style horn, because you could not import it. Can you update us about that?

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 2:43 PM, RAzZin said:

Well I have my cornscalas gear to use for 3 way tests - Selenium D405 mids and B&C DE120 tweeters that I will be able to compare with 2 way setup..  I want to use 2 way to avoid time alignment issues, also I'm listening my setup from less than 3 meters from each speaker - I suppose 2 way should be a bit more consistent than 3 way (though I don't hear any significant problems with 3 way cornscalas atm). In any case adding tweeter won't be that big of a deal if I'm not satisfied with 2 way.

Chris A, I saw your posts and thoughts regarding BMS 4592ND, and I was considering it but right now I don't want to go into active crossovers and bi-amping or tri-amping.. seems a little bit complicated atm. I think I'll try it eventually but not now.

I'd be interested to see how the D-405 driver would work in a two way configuration. I'm using them in some big tratrix horns on my K-Horns, but in a 3 way setup.

• 4 weeks later...

Soo my local Faital dealer told me the truth and HT20AT indeed are available to order and arrived here yesterday:

973897cb8560d12730f3f4392170e894d665115e

ae6f7f10a88b30479a957948821425e65e43a52a

413be313d8fbb9956062a602ed0fb296d7bc5b8e

Looking really awesome! I'll do some initial tests tomorrow when I borrow a 2-way crossover, I hope Faital will not dissapoint with its sound! Will post a little update here with initial impressions and measurements.

Edited by RAzZin
  • Like 3