tom1066

Long-time lurker but first time poster.  Picked up a pair of unmodified Cornwall I's a few years back and got hooked on the Klipsch sound.  Been enjoying this community's knowledge and expertise - problem is now I want just want to move up into the La Scala, Belle, Khorn realm.  And man the 402 horns look amazing - would love to give them a listen but I know how that goes - the pining and yearning, then the searching, the looking for a "deal", realizing their too good and very few let the good ones go and then finally forking out the cash for them.  Same road I went down with my marantz tube gear but I have thoroughly enjoyed my Cornwalls with them so I know the search is usually worth it.  Thanks again and look forward to learning more.

Tom

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum.

You have come to the right place. Your desire to "move up" and get better, and better sound is shared by many of us. We can sympathize! You will find quite a bit of collective wisdom on the forum.

What part of the country do you I've in? There might be some deals on Jubilees (you mentioned the K-402 horns). Michael has some factory versions in Indiana and I have some part-clone versions in Connecticut.

In either case, good luck,

-Tom

1 hour ago, tom1066 said:

...the pining and yearning, then the searching, the looking for a "deal"...

I believe that you're not alone here in that respect: there are many others that apparently scour the garage sale and alerts areas.  Hope you find your entry into audio nirvana here--because I think that are a few of those that have here, too.  It's a good pastime/hobby because there's basically no end to the incremental improvements that are available.  My wife keeps saying that she's sure that the sound couldn't get better, and it keeps getting better nevertheless. 

I think that it's a good hobby because everyone that comes to listen benefits--it's a shareable resource.  I've also found that helping others find their audio bliss here is also a worthwhile endeavor with personal rewards.  I've found that a little "paying it forward" is good for the soul.

Welcome to the community. 

Chris

3 hours ago, tom1066 said:

Long-time lurker but first time poster.  Picked up a pair of unmodified Cornwall I's a few years back and got hooked on the Klipsch sound.  Been enjoying this community's knowledge and expertise - problem is now I want just want to move up into the La Scala, Belle, Khorn realm.  And man the 402 horns look amazing - would love to give them a listen but I know how that goes - the pining and yearning, then the searching, the looking for a "deal", realizing their too good and very few let the good ones go and then finally forking out the cash for them.  Same road I went down with my marantz tube gear but I have thoroughly enjoyed my Cornwalls with them so I know the search is usually worth it.  Thanks again and look forward to learning more.

Tom

Welcome Tom.  If you would post your location, there's a good chance there may be forum members not too far away from you that might be willing to audition their speakers for you.

Thanks for all the responses.  I feel like I have read threads or posts from everyone of you guys, esp Chris A and his biamping FAQ.  The questions regarding how to biamp, etc led me here and led me to getting a Protea (from the Garage here).

I'm in Birmingham and have discussed w/ member coytee his 402s, etc over on AK after seeing all the glowing reviews here since he lives in Tenn.  Right now though my weekend days and weekday nights are full of soccer, gymnastics, swimming and any other activity my four kids have going.  But I know what this Dad wants for Christmas this year - its just a matter of convincing the "santa" aka my wife.  

Thanks again.

• Haha 1