St. Louis GAS get together Saturday October 27

sheltie dave

We will be hosting a music listening session on Saturday, October 27 from noon to 6 pm at our house in south county. We are almost directly off 255/270 at Telegraph, so it is quite easy and straightforward to get here.

Of special note - Willie will be bringing his 1938 Wurlitzer push-pull 45 amplifiers that he has modified and restored. We will have these playing with Altec 19s, a Juicy Music Merlin preamp, an Arcam cd player, Denon TT with a Denon MC cartridge, and a Eastern Electric Minimax step up preamp. Willie has done an incredible restoration, and it will be worth your while to hear what pre WWll technology can deliver.

In the den, we will feature Thiel CS3.6 speakers, driven by a Threshold Fet1 Series 2 preamp, Threshold S300 Series 2 amp, Thorens TD125 turntable, and Sony cd player.

In the family room, we will have IMF Reference 80 MKii speakers, a Ming Da 2A3 preamp, Harman Kardon Citation ll amp, and a Sony cd player.

If weather permits, the patio system will be Klipsch Cornwalls, an Eico HF81, and mongrels barking.

We had 16 people at last month's GAS gathering, and likely will have a large crowd for this month as well. If you plan on attending, please bring a hors d'oeuvre and let me know in an rsvp.

Thanks, Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow, that sounds like an amazing time. If this becomes an annual thing we will have to consider taking a holiday in St Louis and visit while we are there. My wife’s boss is a huge Blues fan and travels down for at least two games a year. Really the only guy I know up here is so keen on St Louis. They are seriously looking at retiring down there.