WTB: Oris Horn

Rudy81

a 150 is a 32ish inch horn and the 200 is only 20-24 ish inches (From memory) this is the mouth

On another note, you guys are greedy :P, the sheer nerve of wanting an oris center. I balk at the very idea.        would be curious to see how an oris would integrate a a center, first thought is it would be to much of a distraction, and behind the screen would defeat the purpose. Perhaps just a horn with no bass module ?

Good luck with the search, I fear it will take a while to find used.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, joessportster said:

a 150 is a 32ish inch horn and the 200 is only 20-24 ish inches (From memory) this is the mouth

On another note, you guys are greedy :P, the sheer nerve of wanting an oris center. I balk at the very idea.        would be curious to see how an oris would integrate a a center, first thought is it would be to much of a distraction, and behind the screen would defeat the purpose. Perhaps just a horn with no bass module ?

Good luck with the search, I fear it will take a while to find used.

In my case, there is no behind the screen.  I am curious as to how well a fully functioning center with an Oris horn will work in an HT environment.

The price of new horns from Bert is very reasonable these days.  The killer is shipping to the US.  You never know, might just order another new set....not sure it will be worth it though.

For now, I just got in three Audio Nirvana Super 8 Alnico drivers.  I tested one against my Tang Bands and the Nirvana's are a step above and worth the cost of the upgrade.  It will be a few weeks before I can get everything installed though. 

I have been looking for any other option of having a horn on the 8" driver and just can't find anything like an Oris.  All in good time I guess.

Guys, I have a pair of Oris 150s, but I have sent off the Lowthers to get them reconed. If I don’t like the results next summer with the Lowthers in the 150s, you two would be welcome to split them if you have not sourced others.

Btw, any idea what this is? I think it is a legacy Azura lecleach, with a 17” axis, a 1.75” throat, a mouth that is 24” x 17”. The material is white fiberglass, with the matte white flow coat on the exterior.

5A111414-FD6B-43EA-BAD3-C4A5A07CC21D.jpeg

Back when Rich bought his 150 horns the guy was also selling a Pair of pm6a lowthers. I got to looking into repairs. Jon Ver Halen is no longer a dealer for Lowther, and the new dealer I spoke with David Dicks stated. He could only get ORIGINAL lowthers repaired by sending them back to Europe and having a complete cone / spider replacement which was close in cost to a lower end pair brand new.  Now please understand I only mention this because I recently looked into it as stated. Jon may very well have some parts left from his years of selling, dealing with lowther but its nice to be fore warned.  Good luck guys

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Back when Rich bought his 150 horns the guy was also selling a Pair of pm6a lowthers. I got to looking into repairs. Jon Ver Halen is no longer a dealer for Lowther, and the new dealer I spoke with David Dicks stated. He could only get ORIGINAL lowthers repaired by sending them back to Europe and having a complete cone / spider replacement which was close in cost to a lower end pair brand new.  Now please understand I only mention this because I recently looked into it as stated. Jon may very well have some parts left from his years of selling, dealing with lowther but its nice to be fore warned.  Good luck guys

I did see where you can order the entire driver kit to repair directly from Lowther.  Price wise, it doesn't make financial sense.  Sending them back for repair to the UK would be equally unreasonable.  So far, have not found anyone in the States that can do original repairs.

I just realized the David Dicks you mentioned runs common sense audio.  I just picked up 3 Alnico Super 8 Audio Nirvana drivers from him.  I am waiting for him to get back from vacation to ask about the Lowthers.  Now I know what he would have said.

11 minutes ago, rplace said:

If I win the lottery today AER drivers for all of you Oris lovers! :emotion-21: Sorry for the thread crap, figured Rudy and Joe would want in on my generosity.

I want to be on the list, just in case this happens! I will also extend this offer if I win :D I'm currently running Fostex drivers in my Oris 200.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, capo72 said:

I want to be on the list, just in case this happens! I will also extend this offer if I win :D I'm currently running Fostex drivers in my Oris 200.

:emotion-21::emotion-21::emotion-21::emotion-21: Keep the Foxtex and sell Rudy and I the horns :cool: Fingers crossed for one of us winning. We can buy a lot of drivers with 300 Million or whatever it is up to.

On a serious note how do you like the Fostex? Any others you have tried? I've had both Tang Band and Audio Nirvana neodymium. The AN bested the TB in my book. Seems like Rudy like his AN in the Alnico flavor over TB as well. I'm still learning a lot but as each day goes by I'm thinking more and more the Khorns are on the chopping bock.

What are you using for bass bins? Now I've really hijacked Rudy. Maybe we need an Oris with Klipsch thread. I've tried mine with Khorns, Belle, Onken + 10" drivers and for the moment have settled on a Forte II with everything disabled besides the 12/15" active/passive.

What the heck was I thinking!  There is no way I can add a center Oris to my HT and be able to see the center bottom of my 10' screen!

I have a large room too.  20'x27'.  I watched a movie tonight and realized there is no way to add a center Oris unless I set it on the ground for it to not interfere with the 10' screen.

I will have to come up with a DIY horn or something else.