Is it ok to place TV on top of 504c center channel?

CoryGillmore

As the title says, I'm wondering if it's ok to place my Sony 65 inch TV on top of an RP-504C. I've checked the dimensions and it seems it will fit with room to spare. The 504C is just so wide there's no where else for it to go except on top of my TV stand. Well that leaves no room for the TV and wall mounting isn't an option. My main concern is if having the TV on top will affect the sound and I worry if the 504C structure can support a 60+ pound TV sitting on top of it. I have seen a TV placed on top of a wide center channel in some of the Klipsch promo images although it was a much smaller TV. I would put something in between the TV and speaker to protect the finish on the speaker. Thanks. 

I don't know the answer to your question.

The dimensions of your 504C are:  Dimensions: 6.81” x 31.13” x 14.46”

You could easily build a very strong shelf over the 504C using a six foot long 2x6 using only 3 cuts.  If you don't have a cordless drill you could even glue it together, the guys at Lowes will cut your boards for free.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I don't know the answer to your question.

The dimensions of your 504C are:  Dimensions: 6.81” x 31.13” x 14.46”

You could easily build a very strong shelf over the 504C using a six foot long 2x6 using only 3 cuts.  If you don't have a cordless drill you could even glue it together, the guys at Lowes will cut your boards for free.

That's a good idea I hadn't thought of! Thanks! I was also considering something like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mllieroo-Universal-Height-Adjustable-TV-Stand-Table-Top-TV-Stand-for-32-65-inch-LCD-LED-TVs-with-Tempered-Glass-Base-VESA-600x400mm/198636365?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227235833031&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=279287940401&wl4=pla-468434873268&wl5=9013529&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=198636365&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9ZDeBRD9ARIsAMbAmoahMHXlYkJGJMtaPlv-nddXX6zR_pFnO6WIy0s1hnqrg1jVt9XpcHwaAv3LEALw_wcB

This is a tabletop TV stand and I could attach it to my TV and place it on top of my TV stand and basically place the 504C on top of the little platform on the bottom of the strand. Then maybe put a couple 1/4" spacers in the front of the 504C to make it level again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RadBlue said:

As a quick test I just put my r-250c on the floor and stood on it, I weigh 220lbs, didn't effect it at all :)

Damn brother thanks for taking one for the team! God just imagine how pissed you'd be if you smashed right through that speaker though LMAO!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think it will be just fine. Now just to pull some money out of my a$$ so I can afford the new front soundstage I want plus all the other crap I want ugh haha. 

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
14 hours ago, Banks said:

Will 77" tv with 30kg be fine on top of rc64ii ?

The rc64 is very big and I have no where else to put it.

I had an 80lbs plasma TV sitting on my RC-64 for for quite some time with no ill effects.  Maybe cut a piece of neoprene to protect between the stand and the wood veneer.

A 77" LG OLED is about 80lbs also so you should be just fine.

Bill

• 3 months later...

When I had my TV on my speaker I used those round Carpet Protectors

like you use for couches and other furniture. 

Just place under the legs of TV Brackets and this works perfectly.

I think it also helps reduce sound vibrations going to the TV from the box.