anyone here into Pop Art ?

joessportster

Found these today, I dont usually buy paintings because I dont know enough about art to make an informed purchase. We infact left the store and 10 miles down the road I told the wife I wanted to go back and get them.  Now I just have to find a place to hang them.  I looked on line but could not find anything about the Artist Scott. I just like to look

art 1.PNG

art 2.PNG

• Like 3

While not about the Artist I did find out whom the subject was in the 2nd Painting it is Julie Strain, the likeness is very good, the 6-1 is her height, she was a penthouse pet of the year in 1993, she was born in 1962, she acted in over 100 "B" Movies and was unofficially known as "Queen of the B's"

Too Cool :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Strain

1 hour ago, joessportster said:

While not about the Artist I did find out whom the subject was in the 2nd Painting it is Julie Strain, the likeness is very good, the 6-1 is her height, she was a penthouse pet of the year in 1993, she was born in 1962, she acted in over 100 "B" Movies and was unofficially known as "Queen of the B's"

Too Cool :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Strain

Don't feel bad about not being knowledgeable about art. The guy that spent 60 million for a couple of black and white stripes on canvas from Sothelbys in New York isn't very smart either.

At least in my mind he isn't.

JJK

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

Don't feel bad about not being knowledgeable about art. The guy that spent 60 million for a couple of black and white stripes on canvas from Sothelbys in New York isn't very smart either.

At least in my mind he isn't.

JJK

:emotion-21: I must agree.....................I did not pay anywhere near that figure ( not like I could :wacko:)