Crites crossovers and diaphragms are awesome in Heresy’s!

chapin99

Hello all! I just wanted to drop in and quickly brag on Bob Crites and his crossovers and diaphragms for the tweeters. The last 36 hours have been a roller coaster with dumb events like having one un- removable screw from the front of a woofer in one of my Heresy II’s, to having to de-solder when I never even knew how to solder, solder!  I just wanted to report that I was able to complete this project of changing out the crossovers and installing the diaphragms in the tweeters with the excellent help of Bob Crites. I probably emailed him about 100 times with pictures and to check in on various little items and he was more than helpful and attentive and responded immediately in every instance. Even approved of me completing one speaker without removal of that woofer since I could find no answer on how to get it out. And he had never seen a screw like that before. Anyway, this novice at all of the above, is now relaxing and listening to her quad through what sounds like La Scala’s in the rears!  Well, sort of - La Scala’s are still boss in my system.  I was referring to the Heresy’s, by the way. I have La Scala’s in the front. The sound from the Heresy’s has come to life! It sounded okay before, but somewhat dark and lifeless (especially compared to now) and I accepted it since they were the rears. But now I do not have to accept it.  Now I get to hear even better quad sound, truly wonderful sound. The only bad thing is that I got so excited I have now ordered new speaker wire for the rears and new RCA cabling for all of the quad equipment in order to enjoy my system to the fullest! So another project is lining up! I highly recommend Bob if you are ever in need of any of his products. The customer service is unheard of in this day and age and I am grateful for it. Just thought I would pop in and share! Thanks.

Laura

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, y’all!  And, Panelhead, I have bought Q8’s and CD-4, SQ and QS albums for years via ebay and local record stores. Luckily, I have most of what I want in quad, one format or another, so I just skim for stuff every once in a while. My favorite music, much of it, came about during the quad era, so it is neat to have the music as offered back then (though it pre-dates me by a few years, anyway). Now I also source multi-channel music, often duplicates, for sound quality (hi-rez) and ease of use. Also, the site quadraphonicquad has a swap meet forum and deals can be had there as well. I had a RTR deck once, but quad reels are very expensive and the hardware was quite daunting at times and took up too much space. Thanks for asking!

• 4 months later...

I also have to say that Bob was extremely helpful and very prompt at answering all of my emails as well.  He must spend about 25 hours a day answering emails from all of us.  Even on weekends when he should be off doing something else, he answers emails .  The guy is amazing.  

• Like 2