Klipsch RSW10 D requires repair.

DeanVan

I have two RSW10 D powered subs that are not working.  I brought them into a local shop & guess what the amps are bad.  After they had them several months they said they could not repair them.  I paid could money for these back in the day & have always enjoyed them.  I have three questions.  Are these worth repairing?  If so please recommend an avenue to pursue this.  If not what sub would you recommend for a 5 + 2 home theatre system.  I can add the models of my other speakers if needed.  

Thanks

• Like 1

@DeanVan,

Welcome to the forum.

I think without a doubt the RSW-10d is worth repairing.  A very musical sub that punches way above it's weight class.  I have enjoyed mine for about 10 years.

There is a link to a repair place that many on this forum have used.  Hopefully someone will chime in soon with that link.

Bill

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a RSW-10 that the rear input panel toggle switches broke. I bought another input panel from a seller on eBay and so far can't seem to get it to power on. If I can't figure it out I'm going to Frankenstein mine to use and external amp to power it. I have another that I use in the living room. Impressive for what they are. Good luck with your repair.

I thought I remember hearing about a repair guy on eBay that repairs the amps for Klipsch RSW subs? 

I has a RSW-10 and they are definitely worth repairing if the bill comes in under $500 for the pair. If much more than that, I would probably sell them off broken and put that money towards a DIY setup.