Please help me find a set of Jumper Plates for my R28f !!

doni01

Hi Guys,
New member here and was wondering if any of you can help me. I purchased a used set of R28f towers and when they came in, one of them was missing the Jumper Plates. Needles to say my twitter wasn't working. Meantime I ran a speaker wire just to get it working. I called Klipsch but they can only sell me the whole back plate with the crossover and binding posts for over $80 and I only need the jumpers. Does any of you guys have a spare set that is willing to sell me ?? Thank you so much in advance and I really appreciate it.

Hey--Welcome to the forum.

If you have the wire--just make jumper wires for BOTH speakers.

Some people say it sounds better than the plates anyway.

But if you make jumpers for both speakers--you won't have to hunt for jumper plates.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, doni01 said:

Does any of you guys have a spare set that is willing to sell me ??

I think you'll find somebody with a set because a lot of people throw those away immediately for an upgrade of inexpensive wire jumpers. 

What is the length you have?  I have a few sets somewhere but they are not all the same size.  If I have the right ones I'll just drop them in the mail for you.

I would suggest you make a nice set of wires.  Google "speaker jumper wires" for some other pictures and suggestions.  It's an easy DIY project and they look great. 

Or you could pull all the jumpers and bi-amp.  B)

s-l640.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I think you'll find somebody with a set because a lot of people throw those away immediately for an upgrade of inexpensive wire jumpers. 

What is the length you have?  I have a few sets somewhere but they are not all the same size.  If I have the right ones I'll just drop them in the mail for you.

I would suggest you make a nice set of wires.  Google "speaker jumper wires" for some other pictures and suggestions.  It's an easy DIY project and they look great. 

Or you could pull all the jumpers and bi-amp.  B)

s-l640.jpg

Thank you guys!! If I can't find them , I would definitely go the jumper wires route. That is what I have there now. I made a set of those from my speaker wires but I kinda like the clean look. Plus I would like to match the other side :(  

WVU80 thank you for your generosity :)  I ordered  this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KQZUW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 from amazon but they were too long. I will get the length when I get home and let you know but they are not too long.

Btw below is the way I have it now...

GFbxLtG.jpg

I found my straps, we can do this the other way around in terms of measurements.  They are gold in color and I think they are from my CF-4's.

The long part of the strap is 1.25".  I think if we match up that way we should be good to go.  The center-to-center on the posts should also be inch and a quarter, maybe 1 1/16".

Audio Manuals_00001.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I found my straps, we can do this the other way around in terms of measurements.  They are gold in color and I think they are from my CF-4's.

The long part of the strap is 1.25".  I think if we match up that way we should be good to go.  The center-to-center on the posts should also be inch and a quarter, maybe 1 1/16".

Audio Manuals_00001.jpg

Dave,

Thank you so much. Here are the measurments that I have. The long part on mine is 3/4 of an inch but from center to center I am at 1.1/4 ...Does that make sense?? I am including few pics of what I mean...

thumbnail (21).jpg

thumbnail (22).jpg

3 minutes ago, doni01 said:

Here are the measurements that I have. The long part on mine is 3/4 of an inch

My straps are inch and a quarter long.  Different models I guess but there is no way my straps will fit your speakers.

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

My straps are inch and a quarter long.  Different models I guess but there is no way my straps will fit your speakers.

Yeah unfortunately yours are a tad longer...Thank you very much for trying. Hopefully someone will have the right size ones :(

7 minutes ago, doni01 said:

Yeah unfortunately yours are a tad longer...Thank you very much for trying. Hopefully someone will have the right size ones :(

Don't give up on the jumper cables, there are some nice looking ones on Ebay.  This pair with a banana plug termination and a spade on the other end looks super sharp.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maze-Audio-Audiophile-Spade-Banana-Gold-Speaker-Jumper-Wires-Cables-Bi-Wire/231292941448?hash=item35da223488:g:iwAAAOSweW5VBMGy:rk:1:pf:0

Nakamichi makes good stuff.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiophile-Speaker-Jumper-Wire-Nakamichi-Banana-Spade-24k-Gold-9AWG-MUSCULAR/263973149130?hash=item3d760699ca:m:mrwD-Bm48s9FXY87sRaPm_w:rk:2:pf:0

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

@wvu80, thanks.  Bought me a pair.   

Which ones did you get? 

Given a man of your high standards, I would expect you to get these, for five thousand, forty-two dollars, and thirteen cents. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ansuz-Jumperz-DTC-Speaker-Jumper-Cables-2ft-Pair-d-tc/332817814578?hash=item4d7d7cd432:g:o3gAAOSwlxxbvPId:rk:27:pf:0

After you hit the billion dollar Mega Millions jackpot on Friday the price of these cables will be a drop in the bucket for you.  B)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Which ones did you get? 

Given a man of your high standards, I would expect you to get these, for five thousand, forty-two dollars, and thirteen cents. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ansuz-Jumperz-DTC-Speaker-Jumper-Cables-2ft-Pair-d-tc/332817814578?hash=item4d7d7cd432:g:o3gAAOSwlxxbvPId:rk:27:pf:0

After you hit the billion dollar Mega Millions jackpot on Friday the price of these cables will be a drop in the bucket for you.  B)

Hahaha I will be buying it as well and if I win, I promise to get everyone a set :) 

Thank you for the links bud. I was looking at those Maze ones earlier...They look nice but I refuse to give up on my search lol

• Like 1

You got me all wrong man.   I spend money on what makes sense to me.   I draw a hard line for getting that last 25% for an excess dollar amount.   I have been trying everything I can afford in the heritage line. LA scalas or k horns are out as I  do not have room for them.   The rf7 III arrived today, but they have issues on quality.... They have to go back.   Worst fit and finish I have seen from klipsch (and I have HAD MANY).   I won't badmouth them at all and they will make things right in the end... 

7 minutes ago, doni01 said:

Hahaha I will be buying it as well and if I win, I promise to get everyone a set :) 

If I win I will meet all of you at the factory at Hope and we will do some shopping, all on my nickel.

I started a thread on this.  B)

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/179890-brother-can-you-spare-a-billion-mega-millions-talk/&tab=comments#comment-2318723

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

To answer your question, I got the maze audio.  

Those are super sharp looking.

+++

I just saw they sold one in the last hour, I presume that was you.  Don't you need TWO pair, a pair for each speaker?