What comes around goes........

USNRET

13 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Just 'caught' my 17 year old doing homework while listening to Sly and the Family Stone. Yea, Dad this is better than the crap today. I'm down!

How'd you do that?  If I 'caught' my girls, 15 and 14 listening to anything remotely close to that I'd fall over.  They've succumbed to the 'current' music.  As I did when I was their age.  I promise I've exposed them to Jimi, Stones, Janis, etc. and my other rock tunes.  Somewhere I lost....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 11 year old daughter insists on listening to Boston (last year it was Tom Petty). Quote from her this AM in the car on the way to school: "How on earth is Boston not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? And Judas Priest? It's rigged."

• Like 2

My 11 year old is the same way; he knows all the music I listen to and has a good chunk of the words figured out.  He does listen to some of the new pop crap but when he goes to sleep at night, it's typically classic rock, disco, hair band era stuff, etc., that I grew up with that he's listening to.  What a good boy.  lol.

Sitting here in my office listening to a Vietnam playlist because that’s all my pops used to listen to when I was little. It definitely sticks!

My 13 year old self would have predicted that I would be sitting here listening to C+C Music Factory and Marky Mark, not the Doors and the Animals..