SOLD: The Fisher 500c, restored

Bonzo

I have a very, very nice Fisher 500c tube receiver for sale. It was restored by William Hardy of Vintage Amplifier Restoration in Hattiesburg, MS a few years ago. It was used very sparingly since then. All tubes are various vintage US brands. The output tubes are a nice quad of vintage Sylvania 7591a’s. It comes with the original wood case which is very nice with just a couple minor blemishes. Caps are mostly Auricaps, Mallory and Sprague. It works great and sounds awesome! I am willing to ship the amp and case separately, packed and shipped via FedEx ground. Pickup or a meet within a reasonable distance of Redding California is encouraged. I’m asking $750 plus packing/shipping and PayPal fees if applicable. Happy to answer any questions, thanks!

E424FCE6-42F2-4B06-94AA-1F29B0CFED3B.jpeg

Hey Jim,

I did some serious listening yesterday with The Fisher and the modern tube gear. The new stuff just can’t seem to give me that low end punch of the vintage Fisher iron. Yeah the midrange and highs are a bit cleaner but I’m a bottom dweller at heart. I need to feel the low E and the kick drum without a “one note wonder.” Oh, that would be my description of most subwoofers I have used. There may be a Modwright preamp and Quicksilver mini-mites for sale soon?

5 hours ago, Bonzo said:

Hey Jim,

I did some serious listening yesterday with The Fisher and the modern tube gear. The new stuff just can’t seem to give me that low end punch of the vintage Fisher iron. Yeah the midrange and highs are a bit cleaner but I’m a bottom dweller at heart. I need to feel the low E and the kick drum without a “one note wonder.” Oh, that would be my description of most subwoofers I have used. There may be a Modwright preamp and Quicksilver mini-mites for sale soon?

What I didn't tell you is that I already have two Fisher 500C receivers, one in my office at home hooked to two pairs of Heresy, and the other in rotation in my very modest "shop".....They are both restored and both have wood cases, but damn, yours looked so nice, and with the Auricaps was a very serious temptation.....I have put them up against a number of other vintage receivers and integrateds, and since I still have two, maybe that tells you something......

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

What I didn't tell you is that I already have two Fisher 500C receivers, one in my office at home hooked to two pairs of Heresy, and the other in rotation in my very modest "shop".....They are both restored and both have wood cases, but damn, yours looked so nice, and with the Auricaps was a very serious temptation.....I have put them up against a number of other vintage receivers and integrateds, and since I still have two, maybe that tells you something......

Sounds like me and Scott 299c's. I own a couple - garage and office, both with Fortes.

On 10/16/2018 at 11:37 PM, Bonzo said:

I have other pictures but they are too “huge” to post?

EF8CEFF4-2577-419D-94A0-E0214E205AB5.jpeg

Bonzo, please try the picture posting method in my signature below.  You can store as many images as you like, as big as you need.

I am offering the 500c up for sale again. This is due to the pending arrival of a pair of Nosvalves VRD’s. The asking price is still $750 plus packing and shipping. I will include for ribbed long plate Telefunken 12AX7’s that test very strong. I am using them in the pre-amp and phase splitter sockets. The wood cabinet will be boxed and shipped separately. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. It still works and sounds great!