Brother, can you spare a Billion? (Mega Millions talk)

wvu80

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

I will be satisfied with a new red Corvette and a new red Jeep Grand Cherokee with the hemi.

JJK

Richie will be along soon to tell you what that indicates about your personality and lifestyle.

Personally, I'm rather fond of the Admiral Blue Metallic.

https://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/corvette/2018/corvette/color

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Richie will be along soon to tell you what that indicates about your personality and lifestyle.

Good, my wife will appreciate that, she's been trying to figure me out for a long time, I'd be a little interested to figure it out also.. 

22 hours ago, rplace said:

You can't win if you don't play and the lottery is a tax on people that are bad at math. You pick.

I have decent enough math skills but they fight in vain against the prospect of a $900M jackpot.  $900,000,000.  Whew, that's a lot of ducats.  Nine hundred million reasons to let the math go out the window.

• Like 1

After making myself invisible while doing some extensive traveling, I would open the best bar ever..Very old looking and nothing fancy except awesome sounds coming from a point that defines this bar...Yes, Klipsch would be at this point.

Bring on the music lovers......

Just a twist to the customers....

Can you tell the difference between tube and solid state? What about vinyl vs digital?

Money would be no object for the owner. It  has to be done with Klipsch speakers.

If one of you win...  whether you take cash up front or annuity...  (I suppose they both have their benefits)...

"All you need to do is"...

Pay your bills.  Put say, 1-Million into your checking account to "blow" and have fun....get it out of your system.

Put balance in (enter the state you live in) muni-bonds...  NOT a "fund" mind you but specific issue bonds.

Get them staggered where they pay in January/July, Feb/August, March/September, April/October, May/November, June/December  (bonds pay every six months)

Get your payments staggered.  You now have $6 Million of income per year and it comes in as monthly income AND, it's tax free.  Free from federal tax and free from state tax.  If you can find (par or premium....  NOT discount) bonds yielding you just 2% you're done.  When they mature, roll them into more bonds.  If you don't spend all your cash, buy more with it and increase your income.

You can thank me by buying/giving me a Ferrari/Pagani/Lamborghini of my choice....  in yellow.

• Like 2

Amazing amount of articles today on what a person should do if they win....

Best advice....First of all, sign the ticket, then shut your mouth and call an attorney who has experience in handling lottery winners.  Don't tell anyone, no matter how hard it is for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1