Brother, can you spare a Billion? (Mega Millions talk)

wvu80

The top 10 largest US Jackpots

image001-png_162613.png.cf.jpg
The Associated Press
Associated PressOctober 20, 2018
b2dcf63318f046f4b922171730d36322.jpg
View photos

A sign displays the estimated Mega Millions jackpot at a convenience store in Chicago, Friday, Oct. 19, 2018. Friday's jackpot has soared to $1 billion, the second-largest prize in U. S. lottery history. (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh)
More

Lottery players will have a chance at winning an estimated $1.6 billion jackpot in Tuesday night's Mega Millions drawing. That total would be the largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history, and it could grow before the next drawing.

A look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:

1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)

2. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)

3. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)

4. $648 million, Mega Millions, Dec. 17, 2013 (two tickets, from California and Georgia)

5. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (one ticket, from Florida)

6. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (two tickets, from Arizona and Missouri)

7. $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb. 11, 2015 (three tickets, from North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas)

8. $559.7 million, Powerball, Jan. 6, 2018 (one ticket, New Hampshire)

9. $543 million, Mega Millions, July 24, 2018 (one ticket, California)

10. $536 million, Mega Millions, July 8, 2016 (one ticket, from Indiana)

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

I can't understand it. I didn't win.

JJK

It's just not fair, rigged, setup, there was no reason for you not to win. I guess everyone who didn't win was just because the air didn't blow just right on their balls. 

15 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

I can't understand it. I didn't win. -JJK

This whole thread is inexplicably going on longer than I had planned, and I tried really hard to win the last one.  I'm focusing on losing the 1.6 Mega Billions tonight, then after that hope has been dashed I'll work on losing the half-billion dollar Power Ball. 

You've gotta have career goals.

• Haha 1

How can any wife complain about free Jubs!!!

I would do a LOT for my community and county if I were to win $1B walking money.

$10 million REC sports complex

$200 million county wide all new high school football multi sport stadiums

$50 million county wide added AP curriculum with full tech/science labs for all

$100 million allotted for gifts in education and healthcare on an as needed basis but no more than 5 million in any given year.

Well, that's a third of it given away.

I asked my wife what she would do if I won the lottery.  She said she'd take her half, leave my sorry butt and move to California.

I told her I actually won 12 dollars, so I gave her six bucks and asked her to call me when she gets there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== I presume your Forum fishing license is up to date — 

Nope, I quit fishing 23 years ago. But some people are saying that the tax cut is imminent and I believe them. Hook, line and sinker.

Keith

On 10/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, Max2 said:

If a member here wins, they'd better drop walnut Jubs on every responder to this thread.  I bought 20 tickets, so you have my word :) 

You guys are in luck. The wife picked up a few more tickets.

Its gonna happen this time.

Just before racquetball tonight I stopped by the 7-11 to pick up a 2-liter of Pepsi and a Mega Millions ticket.  As I was leaving the clerk, a young man who was very friendly said "good luck tonight!"

I told him "I'm sure the Pepsi will be just fine."

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Max2 said:

You guys are in luck. The wife picked up a few more tickets.

Its gonna happen this time.

So to reduce you tax obligation create a charitable foundation (I will help you gratis) and just remember the payee for first disbursement from the foundation is, Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc.

9 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

So to reduce you tax obligation create a charitable foundation (I will help you gratis) and just remember the payee for first disbursement from the foundation is, Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc.

That sounds too difficult. May just go ahead and buy the company. 

• Like 1