Brother, can you spare a Billion? (Mega Millions talk)

wvu80

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

Guess I don't need to call Cory and put in the order for everyones jubes, maby next time.

NOT so fast my friend, the two-third billion Power Ball drawing is tonight.  It's not too late for all us losers to see their luck changed.  :emotion-21:  :)  :emotion-19:

power ball.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

That would be enough to still do it but I have no ticket. We have to drive across the state line to get a ticket, 20 minutes in either direction, probably not going thay way today, also where we have to go to buy liquor since we live in a dry county.  :huh: Well an almost dry county you can buy beer or wine here, but everyone knows you can't get drunk on either of those, it's crazy, especially since you only get a ticket if your caught with  less than 1.25 oz of weed.

I think I would put in a standing order with Klipsch.  One new pair of K-horns a month.  For a year.  And hold a giveaway on this site, where all active users can enter once, and a random drawing made to determine the winner each month. 

That's after my own music room of course, Khorns and Jubes for each speaker location, along with a dozen pinball machines.  Maybe a small arcade collection as well.  And I can't forget the Hemi Superbird.  And a '71 HemiCuda convertible.  Plum Crazy Purple, Please.

How much would it cost to buy the Klipsch company outright?  I just might have to...

25 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

I think I would put in a standing order with Klipsch.  One new pair of K-horns a month.  For a year.  And hold a giveaway on this site, where all active users can enter once, and a random drawing made to determine the winner each month. 

That's after my own music room of course, Khorns and Jubes for each speaker location, along with a dozen pinball machines.  Maybe a small arcade collection as well.  And I can't forget the Hemi Superbird.  And a '71 HemiCuda convertible.  Plum Crazy Purple, Please.

How much would it cost to buy the Klipsch company outright?  I just might have to...

Good Lord, don't get me started.

Can you say AM EX BLACK...….

Or how about setting up some sort of Trust to benefit people that cannot afford treatment or drugs to treat terminal diseases. The breadth and depth of the problem in this country is unbelievable until you bump elbows with those in that situation. A dollar to save or extend a life. Good salt-of-the-earth people that worked hard all their lives. That's the domestic oppression faced here many times daily. Many here will face the same challenge in their lifetimes. And many others will care about our lives just as much as we care about theirs.

So $500,000,000 ? I know what I would do with it.

Keith

• Like 2

On 10/23/2018 at 10:25 PM, dwilawyer said:

It's a non-profit 501c3 so it can't be bought, but it donations will save you a ton in taxes.

I'm not a CPA but I would have thought if someone won say, 1B (for round numbers), they'd pay taxes BEFORE they got any cash in their hands to donate?

If they netted after tax, say $600M, THEN if they donated cash, it would come off taxes that those dollars earn but not the amount due on the 1B.

Yes no??