New 20 watt amp from Schitt Audio

EmilC

note - I ventured into the OP link (49 min:08 sec) this morning, before the sun came up, and gathered the assumption that low cost components, are target marketed and priced for the volume of consumer complaints that can be realistically handled when failure occurs, ie… 30 seconds of evaluation or toss... 

22 hours ago, SWL said:

Which speakers do you have?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have forte, forte ii, Chorus ii and a recent addition of Cornscalas. All sound phenomenal on my eico hf-81, Scott 299, and Heathkit AA-151. I’m not sure I’d be happy with a low powered ss amp but, I sure am with tubes.

On 10/21/2018 at 12:09 AM, Randyh said:

10 watts is not enough -we're in 2018 not 1950 -

Just for fun 😄

Note: Tap on picture for best resolution of Meter readings.

Note: Schiit Vidar driven in mono mode for prototype KPT-1502-HLS but I had it muted since I just wanted to show the watts driving Jubs only.

My McIntosh MHA100 Headphone Amps Vertical Bi-amping Jubs/K402/TAD4002 playing a Norah Jones Track At a pretty loud level. Not to bad for a little over .5 w on the LF and less than 5mw on the HF for a 99.5db reading on the old RatShack Meter...😄

miketn

06E20801-6524-4F3A-8BF7-493C21B42F3A.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Also for comparison I just bought a McIntosh MC-402 (400 wpc) power amp to power my Jubs, which are currently using passive networks.  I was surprised to find that at about 4 watts on the meters the volume about drives me out of the room.  So I have a few unused watts left over I guess.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

When I was waiting for my Yamaha c4/m4 setup we drove my La Scalas with the headphone jack on my roommates boombox, and everyone in the dorm thought I had a big stereo! Yo do not need a big amo with La Scalas, Belles, or Khorns.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Plenty of headroom.[emoji16]

Also for comparison I just bought a McIntosh MC-402 (400 wpc) power amp to power my Jubs, which are currently using passive networks.  I was surprised to find that at about 4 watts on the meters the volume about drives me out of the room.  So I have a few unused watts left over I guess.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 10/21/2018 at 12:09 AM, Randyh said:

10 watts is not enough -we're in 2018 not 1950 -

Nonsense, don't forget we're in a Klipsch Forum after all. Many of us have PWK heritage speakers over 99db efficient. At 3-5 Watts on my MA5200 my system is already at ear piercing levels.

You only need monstrous amounts of power if your speakers are 80 something db power pigs.

Besides the first watt of power is the most important anyway... and many amp manufactures conservatively rate the power capability, McIntosh for example is known for this.

This particular Schiit I'd be willing to bet probably does a little better than 20W into 8 ohms. In Mono Mode It'll do 80W into 8 ohms. Plenty of power for the vast majority of us on this forum. 

3 hours ago, Alfredo Prada said:

I am curious to try it with Heressy III, maybe even mono blocks, it is new, so not many reviews but the price is tempting $799  SCHIIT AEGIR

also 15 day return (but 5% restock fee)

I'm sure it'll sound pretty good but I'm not too sure on how good the Schiit amps pair with the heritage stuff. For a hundred bucks more than buying 2 Aegirs you can sometimes find really nice condition older solid state stereo Mac amps. I've seen some on eBay and in some audio marketplaces in the low $2000s in excellent condition. Mac and Klipsch is a killer combo.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2018 at 10:09 PM, Randyh said:

10 watts is not enough

I love this chart, especially PWK's description of the various sound levels. (For those interested, Dope-from-Hope (Vol.16, No. 1). I haven't heard everything there is to hear, but I've heard a lot... and I remain convinced that a properly designed and implemented horn is as-good-as-it-gets. Never confuse a bad implementation of an otherwise good idea with a bad idea. [ Thank You, PWK ]

power-and-horns.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I own 2 of the Schiit Aegirs  super music. More relaxed than I expected.  Not the tightest bass but super musical.  One of the very best SS amps I’ve heard in a bit. 

My chain is c2600. 2 Aegirs into my 2way Coenheresy speakers. 94db efficient. 

Recommend whole heartily 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 8:29 PM, sixspeed said:

I'm sure it'll sound pretty good but I'm not too sure on how good the Schiit amps pair with the heritage stuff. For a hundred bucks more than buying 2 Aegirs you can sometimes find really nice condition older solid state stereo Mac amps. I've seen some on eBay and in some audio marketplaces in the low $2000s in excellent condition. Mac and Klipsch is a killer combo.

Mcs are! Macs are sissy PC computers! 😉

I am the proud owner of a McIntosh MX113 Solid State preamp/tuner into a McIntosh MC2105 Solid State into two 1979 La Scalas! Slammingly great! :-)

John Kuthe...

• Like 1