New 20 watt amp from Schitt Audio

EmilC

On 5/22/2019 at 11:56 AM, Endo said:

I love this chart, especially PWK's description of the various sound levels. (For those interested, Dope-from-Hope (Vol.16, No. 1). I haven't heard everything there is to hear, but I've heard a lot... and I remain convinced that a properly designed and implemented horn is as-good-as-it-gets. Never confuse a bad implementation of an otherwise good idea with a bad idea. [ Thank You, PWK ]

power-and-horns.png

According to PWK's chart above, and the fact that the Heresy III's are now more efficient than the II's and I's, AND the fact I have only hit peaks of about 102 dB at my seat in this somewhat small room, I most likely haven't even broken these amps out of the 10 watt Class A mark yet. Not that I'm concerned about it anyway. Besides, this new "Continuity" design is supposed to sound like Class A all the way up to max power. I'm sorry, but if I'm dumping anything near 80 watts into my Heresy III's, I'm very stupid, and afterwords, very deaf. 

On 6/6/2019 at 3:40 AM, justinsweber said:

I own 2 of the Schiit Aegirs  super music. More relaxed than I expected.  Not the tightest bass but super musical.  One of the very best SS amps I’ve heard in a bit. 

My chain is c2600. 2 Aegirs into my 2way Coenheresy speakers. 94db efficient. 

Recommend whole heartily 

Kind of odd that you say that the bass isn't the tightest. I found that after switching over from the PS Audio Stellar M700 amps to these little Schiit Aegir amps, bass is in fact tighter, more solid and more textured. And yes, that's with the subs turned off. Although, speaking of the subs, they get their signal from the amps, not via RCA, so even through the subs, I could tell a slight difference in punch, tightness and detail moving up to the Aegir amps. 

p3678736123-5.jpg

p3849978936-5.jpg

• Like 1

There are trade offs when bridging an amplifier. Higher gain, higher output impedance, and higher slew rate. The slew rate may be  what you hear as an improvement in bass quality.
  Driving LS II with bridged Micromega MyAmps. Doubt going from 30 watts to 120 is audible with LS II. Something is. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/6/2019 at 2:40 AM, justinsweber said:

I own 2 of the Schiit Aegirs  super music. More relaxed than I expected.  Not the tightest bass but super musical.  One of the very best SS amps I’ve heard in a bit. 

My chain is c2600. 2 Aegirs into my 2way Coenheresy speakers. 94db efficient. 

Recommend whole heartily 

I totally agree. A very sophisticated sounding amp on Klipsch speakers. Warm, laid back, full sounding midrange but very detailed at the same time.