Different ohm value on Klipsch Chorus II

raeggis

There are new Titanium and mid-range elements in both speakers. Only bass elements that are original. Measured speakers on terminals of different value. One speaker plays much higher than the other. what is wrong?

The speaker that plays the highest has a measurement of 5.5 ohms. The lowest player has a measured value of 5.3 ohms.

Desibel difference is about 6 decibels.

Speakers are swapped side to rule out amplifier problems.

13 minutes ago, Deang said:

.2 difference in DCR between speakers is nothing. Something else is causing the issue. 

It seems that there is mid tone that plays too loudly on one speaker. There are new capacitors in crossover to middle and high tone. Transformers to the middle tone are original.

13 minutes ago, Deang said:

What do you mean by "midrange elements"?

Did you replace the diaphragms for both the midrange and tweeter, or just the tweeter?

Reheat all of the solder joints on the crossovers (and add a bit of solder while doing so).

I replaced all diaphragms. 

Elements is diaphragms. 

I Will do as you say Deang 😀 Thanks for your response. Cheers

Take them apart and reset them.  It is easy for the diaphragms to get set in the slot wrong when reassembling.  As for the 5.3 vs 5.5, I wouldn't think it is a drastic difference, enough to hear though you should check each component before soldering to insure something isn't messed up.

21 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Take them apart and reset them.  It is easy for the diaphragms to get set in the slot wrong when reassembling.  As for the 5.3 vs 5.5, I wouldn't think it is a drastic difference, enough to hear though you should check each component before soldering to insure something isn't messed up.

I want to double check if diaphragm runs freely. Is there any good method to get this checked?

7 hours ago, pzannucci said:

The only way to know is to take them apart again and try to reset them.  Sometimes you notice something in the process.  Also make sure you clean the slot for the voice coil.  I use post-its since they are a little sticky.  

Problem solved 😀

There was voice coil that was in contact with metal. I turned diaphragm 180 degrees. Then the stereo sound image came back.

Should be able to buy new diapragm since there are minor damage to voice coil and the sound a little impaired on cymbals. This is my opinion compared to the other speaker.