Things About These Forums That Irritate

ishwash

Ah, Guys and Gals, I'm not trying to do anything except to salvage something out of all this for wdecho, who has departed, and who felt strongly that he was treated unfairly. I agree with his assessment, and I do hope that Klipsch adopt my recommendations.

Now let me assure you wdecho has not asked me to do this and probably doesn't even know this is occurring. Also please understand that I have no particular quarrel with any moderator because I honestly do know that it is hard to satisfy everyone.

I am actually weary of all this, weary of the forum, and weary of several of the so called stalwarts of all this. I see click-ish behavior and snobism. I see a prevailing superior attitude, and other things that are sort of disgusting. I also see quite a few folks who genuinely want to help, which is good, because the need for a Klipsch forum devoted to helping people is there.

I don't intend to respond further except to say that all my recommendations could improve your forum if you decide you want to do them. Whatever you do I am relieving you of my burden. I thank all who have helped me with my problems. This is my last post. Good luck with whatever you decide.

You have my vote [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ishwash said:

I don't intend to respond further except to say that all my recommendations could improve your forum if you decide you want to do them. Whatever you do I am relieving you of my burden. I thank all who have helped me with my problems. This is my last post. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I was sympathizing with you until this line.  Now you just piss me off.

I acted as an administrator and moderator for many years in the hay-day of "bulletin-board software" and forums.  Assessments like this were a dime a dozen by self-righteous and pretentious do-gooders that assume they know how to run their business better than the owners and operators do.  Not taking into account their own personal lack of experience, or the amount of time and effort put in by voluntary staff members.

I'd hear people whine and complain about it on projects, and I'd hear them complain about it on discussion boards.  For lack of a better phrase, get the hell over yourself.  Your recommendations are not more valuable because you represent someone.  Your opinions are not more valuable because of your patronizing tone.  Your opinions sure as hell aren't more valuable because you make suggestions under the guise of attempting to better something, when all you're doing is snuffing out your own desire for self-satisfaction.

Now that's not to say that there aren't improvements that can be made.  That isn't to say that people shouldn't be able to come forward with concerns, that's not to say your points are invalid.  But your attitude and self-pretentiousness tells me that you're someone to be ignored, because no matter what anyone does, you'll just continue to moan and complain because it wasn't done YOUR way.

What you SHOULD be doing right now is thanking the moderators for doing the best job they can.  They don't get paid.  They're human.  They have lives.  And they spend a fraction of that here dealing with minute complaints like yours, and keeping everyone else in check.

You're on the internet.  You have to click a button to submit, meaning that you have more than enough time to think before you speak.  Maybe you should try doing that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

f0da7e36c8480e1bb96adff023ac15a0.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

For a time it did have a "moderator" as a designation.  Now it shows up as a different color when a moderator posts, I guess I could go in and see if I could add "Moderator" to it in some way.  

Yes, as I added it to mine.  New members with questions don't know who to ask questions to so I thought adding "moderator" would help.  For anyone wondering, if you see a post with a copper colored border, a moderator has posted it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Skelt said:

There is still something to salvage here.
dwi lawyer has offer to change his screen name for a $500 donation to the museum.

I for one am contemplating selling some gear to fund this honor.

Can we pick what he has to display?

• Moderators
16 hours ago, ishwash said:

Ah, Guys and Gals, I'm not trying to do anything except to salvage something out of all this for wdecho, who has departed, and who felt strongly that he was treated unfairly.

It is unfortunate that anyone has to leave the forum but I truly believe we did everything we could to salvage and reconcile with him.  I believe just about everyone on the moderating team (excluding Christy) was called all sorts of names as you can see below in one of my replies to him. 

On 10/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, Youthman said:

I cannot help but find humor in all of this.  Look back at any of my comments.  I would be curious to see what you feel is non-adult like conversation. 

Read back through any of my comments on this forum and you will not once find where I have called you any names...yet I find it interesting that I have been referred by you as "a clown", "silly", a "dog", "stupid", a "fool", a "joker" and an "idiot".  Did I miss any?   

I feel I have been very courteous, kind, and have attempted to demonstrate patience.  Frankly it's just getting old. 

I myself along with other moderators attempted to diffuse the situation and reason with him but it just seemed like he wanted to argue. 

We have moderators and TOS to try and keep the forum and this community a place that everyone can enjoy. 

Bottom line, he got offended, demanded for us to delete his posts and account (which is a bit selfish since the content that he shared is valuable for others not only today but in years to come)
.  It was mentioned that if he felt this community was no longer a place for him, then he could gladly move on...yet he continued to go back and forth arguing with all of the mods.   It was getting old and wearisome. 

16 hours ago, ishwash said:

If you choose to leave this incredible community that is your choice.  Wishing you the best.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Can we pick what he has to display?

Yes you can pick anything you want for screen name (Within terms of service of course).  for 12 months, and then we will sell if off again for another 12 months.

If there is interest, I will also consider letting someone pick my avatar.

These would be fully tax deductible contributions and would include a membership at the appropriate level in the museum with whatever perks are standard with that level.  If it is a Founder or Khorn level member who does it, it will go down as an additional contribution from that member.

Travis

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes, as I added it to mine.  New members with questions don't know who to ask questions to so I thought adding "moderator" would help.  For anyone wondering, if you see a post with a copper colored border, a moderator has posted it.

Viewing it on my tablet and phone doesn't show the Moderator designation @CECAA850 added to his profile, which I guess  is why I didn't catch that.

Phone and tablet is where I primarily view.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

so I thought adding "moderator" would help.  For anyone wondering, if you see a post with a copper colored border, a moderator has posted it.

Viewing it on my tablet and phone doesn't show the Moderator designation @CECAA850 added to his profile, which I guess  is why I didn't catch that.

I do see "Moderator" near the avatar and I think it is a good idea for those belonging to the Mod Squad.  :emotion-21:

• Chad locked this topic