Things About These Forums That Irritate

ishwash

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Steve P said:

I was indeed confused about how to identify moderators . I suppose in retrospect I should have figured out the significance of the color shift, but I am used to seeing moderators explicitly identified

This has been improved. Moderators now have their main group set as Moderators, which will show "Moderators" below their avatar.

• Thanks 3

I do regret that wdecho took off, @ishwash has had some good contributions too!

Recently got thumped by a mod after repeatedly seeing stuff demeaning to a public figure and a country actually that I respect and love.

I poignantly & potently made a defense that wasn't well taken here. I also get cussed at, scowled at for my attire sometimes in public here. So ____What! (Look for the Metallica song)

(hope that's not over the edge)

It is the uncivil age now.

It felt kinda like that, but you gotta keep keeping on.

I don't wanna just roll over...... ya know what I mean???

By the way... I happen to like that mod that dropped the hammer, think he's aware of that!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 9:13 AM, wvu80 said:

You can hide the signature quote of one person, or all signature quotes.  I hide sigs sometimes for very long quotes where I already know what the person has.  I can always view their profile if I want to see their equipment list.

I just recently discovered this feature and LOVE that I can hide these signatures that are 24 lines long showing equipment I could care less about.  I think that should be limited to like 3 lines or something and not however many you want to take up giving a walk thru of the system you have in every room, closet, porch, etc., in your house, vacation home, or brother in law's trailer.

And I do agree that if a person quotes a message that has 10 photos on it, it would be the bomb if they could backspace those pictures out of the quote for their one word reply of ....  "awesome!".   This is especially true when you're on a mobile device and you have to scroll past everything....again...and again (potentially).

But that's about all that really bugs me and that's nothing major.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, avguytx said:

I just recently discovered this feature and LOVE that I can hide these signatures that are 24 lines long showing equipment I could care less about.  I think that should be limited to like 3 lines or something and not however many you want to take up giving a walk thru of the system you have in every room, closet, porch, etc., in your house ,vacation home, or brother in law's trailer.

Phew.....for a second I thought you were talking about me but I'm at 22 lines so I'm under the quota.  😂

• Haha 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Recently got thumped by a mod after repeatedly seeing stuff demeaning to a public figure and a country actually that I respect and love.

Sorry if that was me.  If it gets political, and there can be a very, very fine line, it just has to end.  Please don't take it personally, or a indication as to disagreement with your opinion.  It's not that we don't agree with something, it is just a matter of trying to avoid something from sinking into a purely political discussion. 

Travis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Chad locked this topic