KLF 20 amplification

jazzfan

Hello all,

Looking to get some input on a good 5 channel amp to run with KLF 20 mains, KSB 2.1 surrounds and KSC C5 center. I'm currently using 5, Marantz MA 500 monos and they seem to have lost some of their punch, probably need recapping. I'm using a Rotel RSP 1068 pre/pro in addition to a Rotel RCD 971 cd player and an Oppo UDP 203. The KLF 20s recently had Crites upgrades and brought new life to the mains. I was looking at the Emotiva Basx A-5175 or the Marantz MM7055. Anyone have any experience with these amps or thoughts on how they would match up with the above mentioned speaker set up? Thanks in advance foe any input.

For the fact you have four drivers to push the more power the better. Look at an Emotiva XPA-2, there are a few listed on AVSForum right now. 300 wpc is plenty to push your KLF-20 to really performing well. I owned the M2200 Outlaw monoblocks and sold them as I found they really thinned out at anything but moderate listening levels. The Emotiva are way beefier