(Another)Forum member auditions my Jubilees

babadono

• Moderators
3 hours ago, babadono said:

Could a D75a power the low end? Sure it could but it may run out of gas if you're getting real happy with the volume control :)

That's what I was doing, it did run out of gas but my main problem at the time was the difference in gain between the player and EV DX38. One was consumer and one was pro, once that was fixed it did better, still would run out but sounding really good if you got crazy, about 100-102db. Switched to only 50wpc and there is a difference, no problem getting louder that I listen, maby one day I will add something more powerful just to try.  

But I love those d-75's, I still use one out in the bar with Heresy's, just a nice sound even when pushed.  

Had the pleasure of spending the day yesterday with @Westcoastdrums mainly in front of the Jubilees. I want to thank Chris for his visit and helping me to find/adjust for a better center phantom image among other things. We moved the Jubes in from the side walls probably a total of 6 feet. Also we found the time to grill a couple steaks and just generally realax and listen to some tunes

P1010757.jpg

P1010755.jpg

P1010752.jpg

P1010758.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babadono said:

Had the pleasure of spending the day yesterday with @Westcoastdrums mainly in front of the Jubilees. I want to thank Chris for his visit and helping me to find/adjust for a better center phantom image among other things. We moved the Jubes in from the side walls probably a total of 6 feet. Also we found the time to grill a couple steaks and just generally realax and listen to some tunes

P1010757.jpg

P1010755.jpg

P1010752.jpg

P1010758.jpg

Haha was a, pleasure Eric.  I'm glad I am asleep in the first picture. I promise, it was more exciting than my picture may lead one to believe. They are still "rough", but sound MUCH better.   Next step is to rip all cds to HDD using exact audio copy and go straight from computer to DAC.   You have A LOT of layers in your system. Hard to know exactly what to tweak.   Jubes sound great even so and have me STRONGLY debating going down the rabbit hole.  I invite you to come listen to my peasant system in comparison (I think you MAY be quote surprised)...