(Another)Forum member auditions my Jubilees

babadono

I had my first member visit to audition my Jubilees this past SaturdayP1010342.thumb.jpg.0f31407b3a1401b9e8d75e467b38c5fc.jpg

L to R Michael (Schu) his wife Sonja and my better halfP1010343.thumb.jpg.84ee24eb41afbbee0d583f85a4c63e53.jpg

Schu and Sonja   -is it love at first hearing?P1010344.thumb.jpg.44859fcddb274e626f59abdcf86c66c8.jpg

Yours truly and Schu.P1010345.thumb.jpg.80ce9d51f9c476b0faabfe45335947b4.jpgP1010346.thumb.jpg.3a6d19c19c591b5f4f765dacb6d6f2a4.jpg

The visit was too short but a good time was had by all.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I like your up high outlets.  I did some myself, specifically in case I wanted to put a shelf above the 402.  My brother in law gave me about 20 (orange) hospital grade outlets....  so I figured I'd use them on a separate circuit and instruct the wife, she's never to use anything orange.

When she saw the orange outlets up high like that, she about slayed me.  Not sure I'm allowed to say on a public forum what her exact words were....

I wonder if your room is a bit reflective though??

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Hmmmm, would love to hear the pair one day.   Awesome 🔊.  What are you powering them with? 

Yea I know I put you off asking for you to wait until they're more dialed in but you're pretty local. Schu came through town from Las Vegas. I couldn't say no. The bass bins are powered by my old trusty Boulder 500. I know you're from the LA studio scene perhaps you are familiar with the Boulder? The 402s are powered by some old Crown D75s that I refurb'd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I wonder if your room is a bit reflective though??

Wonder no longer. Room treatments are in order, they're on the list. You know the list of sheet that needs getting done. You know THAT list.

Electrician said "oh you're gonna wanna put a TV up over the bar trust me", that's why there is an outlet and cable feed up there.

• Like 1

I know the name boulder (haven't heard anytjing from the company) .   We used bryston 4B and up, as well as crown macro reference amps in the studio I was in.   D75s many know as well.   When you are happy with them, let me know if I am welcome.   That is an interesting combo for power but I bet it sounds great.   

9 hours ago, Born2RockU said:

How Wide is that room ?

Also, how is the Phantom Center, with the Jubes spread that wide ?

=== If I may step in here - my experience with Jubes, 24 feet across center to center is, without a doubt, a center speaker is present and easily defined. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Born2RockU said:

How Wide is that room ?

Also, how is the Phantom Center, with the Jubes spread that wide ?

According to my blueprints of house they are approx 27' apart. Because of the 402 horn I do not experience a hole in the middle like one would with KHorns that far apart. This system is thus far only for 2 channel listening. If it were a 5.1 or 7.1 set up of course a center would be necessary.

I think Eric would acknowledge that he has some work to do. He's a very very busy man outside of listening and time is a luxury for him that us in short supply. In stock form with VERY LITTLE tuning and system massage, one can CLEALY hear the potential for these speaker's. Kick drum transients are really insane, and the set up begins to shine as db's begin to increase. There were a lot of hard surfaces and reflections, but if Eric turned up the system to over 95db+ the speakers maintained GREAT clarity and control... as a matter of fact, the more he turned the system up, the better it sounded. The fact that it's a pro set set comes shining thru and the jubilee is really not for the faint of heart in a Home scenario.

I have no doubt that when room treatment, and placement are addressed that the system will exceed all expectations.

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Nothing better than having forum members over.  It's always a great time.  I'm jealous I'm not closer.

Yea so I'm finding out:) it's like a mini micro pilgrimage. And we did not even have time for martinis, it was too early in the day:sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1