(Another)Forum member auditions my Jubilees

babadono

That's exactly how I got my first experience with Jub's, tubes, and a revisit with vinyl.  Went over to DMH's (David) place in CA.  He has a Belle center, KHorns as his surrounds, and an 8' tall sub in the LF corner.  Very cool.  Had dinner, listened to wide variety of tunes, mediums, 2.1, 5.1, etc.  Helps you realize where your system is lacking for sure.  He was a very gracious host, as appears was in this instance.  Really cool that forum members are willing to let people like me in to their homes....

kAV8ndr.thumb.jpg.32a6945bac0458708fb6f11ad1d70369.jpg

Hopefully, he doesn't mind me sharing a pic that he sent me before I went.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Contact @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.   You aren't thread crapping.   That is perhaps the most proper question here.   

1.  Since everyone who participates in this thread is evidently going to get a free pair of Jubilee's...if said person who made the offer wins the lottery...

2.  Since he has participated in this thread, he'd be a recipient of one of those pair...

3.  Since he's evidently going to waste his funds by buying a pair he could otherwise have had for free...

I deduce that means he's thread crapping, no??

However, I do side with the crowd that would say to you (him)  "Crap on baby......crap on!!"  

:emotion-19:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 posts about looking into Jubs in a thread about a forum members visit with Jub's and it's 'crapping'?  Guess if I were the OP I'd be cool with the fact that the visit prompted someone to look into them.  Where's the rule book?  Apparently, I need to read it.  My apologies. 

Crap, I feel like I helped to dive this thread.  Not my intention.  Is totally cool that Schu and Babadono got to spend some audio hours together with the Jub's.  Nothing better.  Just spreading the Klipsch arsenal amongst the listeners. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

No rule books here... we're just a bit crazy...

A ' LITTLE " crazy ???? 

...we are all insane ADDICTs, and love every minute of it !

7 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Crap, I feel like I helped to dive this thread.  Not my intention.  Is totally cool that Schu and Babadono got to spend some audio hours together with the Jub's.  Nothing better.  Just spreading the Klipsch arsenal amongst the listeners. 

(in my best street cred 'twang' and trust me, I have a lot of street cred :rolleyes:)

Kwit ya krappen!

:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Coytee said:

(in my best street cred 'twang' and trust me, I have a lot of street cred :rolleyes:)

• :o So your saying you dropped the pocket protector. :emotion-21:

For newer people here, Coytee and Mike2B (or something like that) were the first 2 to buy jubes, and harassed by many for even thinking about PA speakers in a home.

And for the record Coytee's wife was the first to think he was crazy for wanting them in the house, she was the first, I know she dosen't know that she has that title in the female catorgory.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 4:44 PM, Chris A said:

Well loud for me is 83 dB--about the level at which most music tracks are mastered (see Bob Katz's "III. The Magic of '83' with Film Mixes).  But if I listened at that level all the time, my hearing would begin to degrade, too.  Most of the time I'm listening at 65-75 dB and I have to say that it sounds outstanding even at those levels--after they've been dial-in with the room treatments, etc. 

When I first got my Jubs years ago, they also sounded best at higher SPL.  But as I found better room treatments and DSP settings, and after switching to TADs, they sounded better and better at lower SPL.  They now have the best detail and clarity that I've heard from any loudspeakers I've heard--on par with the MEHs  and dipoles I've heard.

Chris

Enjoying this topic!   Let me add, here in Longfellow Music Hall, my totally stock '67 Klipschorns are 18.5' on centers, and with that pair of Dynaco Mark 3's can do hearing damage in short order!  Loudest I could stand was 108db. at 17' distance to my listening position, and that is at 'A' weighting !!   I used a Delos recording of Percy Grainger and wind symphony orchestra.  It was over whelming and not anywhere near full volume from those amps!, I can't believe anyone would want more ;)...

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2018 at 10:03 AM, dtel said:
  • :o So your saying you dropped the pocket protector. :emotion-21:

For newer people here, Coytee and Mike2B (or something like that) were the first 2 to buy jubes, and harassed by many for even thinking about PA speakers in a home.

And for the record Coytee's wife was the first to think he was crazy for wanting them in the house, she was the first, I know she dosen't know that she has that title in the female catorgory.  

I followed Coytee's post for 10 years before I had the financial wherewithal to purchase a pair of Jubilees for myself. Coytee's insightful and passionate posts about these speakers on various forums through the years led me to dream about them and eventually pursue purchasing them for myself. He is definitely an asset to the Klipsch community. His passion for the Jubilees and K-402 horn has led many to audio nirvana. Thank you so much Coytee.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 1/24/2019 at 7:22 AM, diamonddelts said:

He is definitely an asset to the Klipsch community. His passion for the Jubilees and K-402 horn has led many to audio nirvana. Thank you so much Coytee.

Now his head is going to get big, but your right.

Congratulations

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2019 at 8:48 PM, IndyKlipschFan said:

could a second Crown D75A power the lower ends?  

Was this directed at me? I use D75s not As currently. One for each 402/TAD4002 in bridged mode. Could a D75a power the low end? Sure it could but it may run out of gas if you're getting real happy with the volume control :)