Looking for a good Sub

smallsmx3

Sorry, I haven’t heard of either of those subs.

If you provide a room size and a budget, I am sure this group can help you purchase the best subwoofer/subwoofers for your situation.
Room size is an open floorplan with 12 foot ceilings. I'm specifically looking at Klipsch subs since I get a good deal on them. Originally I was looking at SVS

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hate to derail but get the dayton audio hf15 and the flatpack sub box to go with it. More performance than any commercial sub at same price point and even above....Im running mine with crown amp but you can get plate amps for them too.... 
20180921_125521.thumb.jpg.4755d9dc3e3dae0d3dec2e7aa6246427.jpg
I'm specifically looking at Klipsch.....I can get them at cost

Well, then get the R-115SW. 

If if you can get it at cost, you will have a highly regarded subwoofer at an amazing price. 

If if you can get me the THX Ultra Subs and the matching Kipsch amplifier at cost, hit me up! 😬

If if you can get it at cost, you will have a highly regarded subwoofer at an amazing price. 

If if you can get me the THX Ultra Subs and the matching Kipsch amplifier at cost, hit me up! [emoji51]
R-115 over the newer SPL series?

Sounds like I am behind the times because I didn’t even know Klipsch had a SPL series subwoofer. 

I will obviously have to bow out, since I literally know nothing about that series of subwoofers. 

I am sure others here will chime in though! 

If if you can get me the THX Ultra Subs and the matching Kipsch amplifier at cost, hit me up! [emoji51]
I didn't realize the sub and amp were separate... Not trying to spend that much

Sounds like I am behind the times because I didn’t even know Klipsch had a SPL series subwoofer. 

I will obviously have to bow out, since I literally know nothing about that series of subwoofers. 

I am sure others here will chime in though! 
That's because it's new..... On the Klipsch website it has all the new line of speakers. There's 2 new subs.... SPL and a multifunction one that's compact with radiators and Wireless capabilities

1 minute ago, smallsmx3 said:

So why are you in a Klipsch forum bashing their subs

From a Moderator nonetheless. I know Klipsch has had issues with some of their powered speakers systems but I have not heard their modern subs spoken of in such low regard. 

@CECAA850 Can you provide more explanation on this?

From a Moderator nonetheless. I know Klipsch has had issues with some of their powered speakers systems but I have not heard their modern subs spoken of in such low regard. 

[mention=13087]CECAA850[/mention] Can you provide more explanation on this?
That's what I was wondering. I just got the new RP line and I'm so impressed im considering using a complete Klipsch sound system. I don't know anything about their sub woofers

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Horribly unreliable and zero resale value.

I think this was in reference to Fiats.

22 minutes ago, smallsmx3 said:

So why are you in a Klipsch forum bashing their subs

I don't think he was bashing but maybe pointing out other sub companies offer better bang and reliability for your buck.

Just guessing though.

Bill

10 minutes ago, twk123 said:

@CECAA850 Can you provide more explanation on this?

I'm constantly seeing posts from people with issues with their electronics.  From sound docs to powered speakers to sub plate amps.  Yes, I'm a moderator but I'm still allowed an opinion.  I'm not an employee but just a flunkie trying to keep the forum civil.  For the record, I am the hugest fan boy of Klipsch passive products.  I attend pilgrimages and have owned countless different models.  I'm not a fan of any of their self powered products.  If they want to take my moderator cape away for expressing my opinion, so be it. 

• Like 4