Looking for a good Sub

smallsmx3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm constantly seeing posts from people with issues with their electronics.  From sound docs to powered speakers to sub plate amps.  Yes, I'm a moderator but I'm still allowed an opinion.  I'm not an employee but just a flunkie trying to keep the forum civil.  For the record, I am the hugest fan boy of Klipsch passive products.  I attend pilgrimages and have owned countless different models.  I'm not a fan of any of their self powered products.  If they want to take my moderator cape away for expressing my opinion, so be it. 

That makes sense, I checked out the link and thats really bad.

59 minutes ago, smallsmx3 said:

You think all the new gear is probably just as had?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I honestly don't know.  The Stadium is fairly new and really expensive yet has no support whatsoever.  

I feel confident that Klipsch will cover any and all issues while under warranty.   After that you're on your own.  Maybe you'll get a good one that goes 15 years.  Who knows.

59 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes, built in Yugoslavia.   The were rebadged 128s I think.  Man I could tell you stories about them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackinac_Bridge

On September 22, 1989, Leslie Ann Pluhar died when her 1987 Yugo plunged over the 36-inch-high (91 cm) railing. A combination of high winds and excessive speed was initially blamed.[29] Later investigation showed the driver had stopped her car over the open steel grating on the bridge's span and that a gust of wind through the grating blew her vehicle off the bridge,[30] although this is not supported by recorded wind speed measurements taken on and around the bridge at the time of the accident.[31][32]

They could have used "a good sub" to salvage the Yugo.

• Sad 1

Yes, this was light car with relatively tall chassis, easily disturbed by the wind on the road at higher speeds. I drove one.

But having a Fiat background, many people were tuning them. These usually meant swapping in better Lancia engine, sport suspension, roll bar cages etc.  That way they were decent rally cars.

• 3 months later...
On 10/24/2018 at 7:52 PM, DizRotus said:

Remeber Yugo?  They were Fiats built in the dark.

Not forgetting Skoda, back in the day were awful. Now Skoda's since being bought by VW are highly desirable vehicles.

If I buy a sub or subs It will be a Rythmic sub for sure. If Richard (RIP) were still alive and at the REL helm, then I would be on his ship.