R115sw vs rsw15

Estatix

Hey guys I have a question regarding those two subs. My current setup is 

Fronts: 2 rf-82ii

Center: rc-62ii

Surrounds: 4 klipsch CDT-5800-C II in ceiling 

Sub: 1 r115sw

Receiver: denon s920w but in the process of getting marantz 6012 or 7012

I'm trying to decide which sub I want.  I can get another r115sw or a mint and barely used rsw15 that my friend has. He only used it for a year then put it in storage in the original box. The grills aren't even opened yet. I need your guys help! They are both the same price around 850.

Ok thanks guys I have a frys by me so I can get a r115sw for sale for 500 but I've been waiting for 7 months and no sales yet and I'm both music and home theater equally. Im not by a Nebraska furniture market so that wont work for me. I've also heard the rsw15 isn't good below 25 hz but do you guys think that my r115sw paired with the rsw15 will smooth out what the rsw15 isn't hitting under 25hz?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 2:30 PM, Estatix said:

Hey guys I have a question regarding those two subs. My current setup is 

Fronts: 2 rf-82ii

Center: rc-62ii

Surrounds: 4 klipsch CDT-5800-C II in ceiling 

Sub: 1 r115sw

Receiver: denon s920w but in the process of getting marantz 6012 or 7012

I'm trying to decide which sub I want.  I can get another r115sw or a mint and barely used rsw15 that my friend has. He only used it for a year then put it in storage in the original box. The grills aren't even opened yet. I need your guys help! They are both the same price around 850.

This is an interesting question

your friend is pricing the rsw15 fairly if he really only used it for a year.  they are highly sought after.  he can get 850 if it has truly been hardly used.

there are several reasons to go another way.  1st you have a 115sw.  there is no easier and better integration than matching subs.

the 115sw has better extension down low.

the rsw series is becoming a legacy series, where someone with a great old setup will look to replace them and wants a matching replacement sub.  when subs get old they often fail, and rsws that have been used all the time since their release are failing a lot...your friends shouldnt since it has been used minimally.  but age matters with electronic amps

in my view its an easy call get matching subs and advise your friend to sell his rsw while the selling is still good.  speakers and subs are different...while a 20yo speaker is fine a 20yo amp is not.