SOLD: RB-75s

Gorm

SOLD 10/28/2018

These were my old surround duty speakers when I had RF-7s in my main home theater. I sold those long ago, but decided to hold onto the RB-75s because of their rareness. Well, they have been in storage ever since. I went and and cleaned them up a bit and they still sound 100%.

Please see photos for details. No major dents in any of the veneer. However, there is some scratching on the tops. Also, on the back of one, are two little indentions from a pair of small security screws to hold the speaker. The grills also appear to have some loose magnets when you remove them. They are solid with the grills attached.

Looking for 500 dollars. Would prefer not to ship, as they have been known to be damaged during shipping and I do not have the boxes for these speakers.

Thank you

IMG_4394.JPG

IMG_4393.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

Note on the price. Since these are the black versions, the top scratches, rear indentations, and loose grill magnets, I thought 500 was fair. Even given their extreme rareness. Functionally, they are still 100% and sound great. I currently have them connected to the MC240 in the listening room. They still sound great, especially for their size.

• Like 2

Hey, thanks for responding to my texts.  I understand why you'd be hesitant to ship these given past issues with damage.  I have a friend in Des Moines who does come up here occasionally, but that still doesn't solve the issue since he's not terribly close to you.  I've been keen to try these out for years now so if there's any way we can work something out I'd be interested.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 9:07 PM, Rivernuggets said:

Hi Shaun!

Hey @Gorm, I've met and hung out with Shaun. Very cool and sincere guy. I hope the two of you can work something out. Good deal on a sweet pair.

Thanks Lyle, I appreciate the kind words.  Sorry I dropped out of the conversation over the last day, being on call for work can be a bear :(.  I'll reply to your PM's here shortly.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:09 PM, Gorm said:

Note on the price. Since these are the black versions, the top scratches, rear indentations, and loose grill magnets, I thought 500 was fair. Even given their extreme rareness. Functionally, they are still 100% and sound great. I currently have them connected to the MC240 in the listening room. They still sound great, especially for their size.

Please check you PP account. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

I guess I missed out.  Didn't think you were willing to sell them to someone out of town.

I didn't mean to shoot you out of the saddle. I didn't pay much attention to what was said in this thread. Since they were not marked as sold, I PMed him and told him that I would PP him the money. It went that fast and I figured I would work on the transportation later. 

If you had an agreement on them that Gorm missed or misunderstood, let's see what we think is the right thing to do.  As much as I want them too, if you want to pay me what I payed (500 + PP transaction fee), I will let them go to keep everyone happy.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Yeah, they will be replacing the RB35... and I was pleased and impressed with how well they sound.  

That is exactly what I did.  While the RB-35s sound pretty darn good themselves, the RB-75's really are on another level.

Congrats to whoever gets them.

Bill

• Like 1