Bohemian Rhapsody

thebes

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Yes, Bowie too. 

Never saw Bowie live, but saw Queen six times. 

Now, about Journey ...

Bowie was one of the few British acts I didn't get to see. I  saw Queen 5 times. I just preferred the British rockers.

I did see Journey and Foreigner once, was never much of a Journey fan.

Are you saying you're a Journey fan?

I have for many years admired SP's voice/ability to hit those high notes that he does/used to do.  liked a few songs more than average, specifically my most fave Any Way You Want It for the guitar, especially the bridge/solo.  love some great guitar work, and that piece does it for me.

12 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Obvious that Bowie was gay, or playing a gay character?

I was a big fan and his ex-wife Angela shared a lot of anecdotes that definitely made him seem gay but I think his persona was androgynous. Heck, now that I think about it he may very well have felt himself to be transgender--Dunno but I liked his voice and his characters were thought-provoking. 

8 hours ago, joshnich said:

I have to admit that I have no idea who Freddie mercury is and quite honestly I’m not sure if I have ever heard his music. Seems like many believe him to be a hero based on their impressions of his talent. That’s enough for me. 

Out of curiosity how old are you? Troll? Can't figure out how you managed to not know who Freddie Mercury was....what are you're musical listening habits?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kalifornian said:

Out of curiosity how old are you? Troll? Can't figure out how you managed to not know who Freddie Mercury was....what are you're musical listening habits?

HAHA--Someone from San Fran who doesn't know ole  Freddy---Unlikely.

I’m 64. And no I’m not a troll.  I’m not sure why not knowing who Freddy Mercury is or isn’t makes me one. I never intentionally listened to queen ( I now know that is the band he was in) or journey or foreigner for that matter. Just not my cup of tea.  Steve Perry’s season tickets for giants games are right next to me and someone had to tell me who he was and why he would lead the stadium sing along for Don’t stop believing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For what its worth the albums THE GAME and A NIGHT AT THE OPERA sound phenomenal on the Bluray audio and multichannel in hi-res.    Death on two legs, Dragon attack, are really standouts. I know a lot of guys give thunbs down on true multi channel audio, but man, many are missing out on what they've never heard. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joshnich said:

I’m 64. And no I’m not a troll.  I’m not sure why not knowing who Freddy Mercury is or isn’t makes me one. I never intentionally listened to queen ( I now know that is the band he was in) or journey or foreigner for that matter. Just not my cup of tea.  Steve Perry’s season tickets for giants games are right next to me and someone had to tell me who he was and why he would lead the stadium sing along for Don’t stop believing. 

Don't worry, you're good, but I think you know that.....one of these days I'm going to wish I DIDN'T know who Kanye West was.....actually, that's today.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Me too. I was just looking at times for Friday, and checked out Thursday's times and noticed that. Went online and found out it's a pretty popular move by the theaters.

Yea cuz who's awake at midnight:) They're tried of waking up customers and telling them its time to go home.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Max2 said:

For what its worth the albums THE GAME and A NIGHT AT THE OPERA sound phenomenal on the Bluray audio and multichannel in hi-res.    Death on two legs, Dragon attack, are really standouts. I know a lot of guys give thunbs down on true multi channel audio, but man, many are missing out on what they've never heard. 

I have both of those and like them as well and after my first few multichannel music disks I never went back to 2-Channel. :) 

3 hours ago, Max2 said:

My CD of A Night at the Opera is over 34 years old 😀

Just to be fair to old people, I know a few Queen songs,

never owned a Queen Album or listened to one.

Don't really like Journey or Foreigner and don't feel I'm missing alot.

I have been to a Wayne Newton Show---What a Man.

3 hours ago, joshnich said:

Fair enough.