E-bikes

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

In my case it was this year's strain of Influenza that took out one of my heart valves, though there is some evidence that it was on its way out anyway. But before that I was in pretty good shape so I have bounced-back very quickly.

Getting old is proving to be unpleasant.

After this years ‘flu’ I updated my will 😵!  We’ve already had our ebikes out for a couple of local rides and look forward to some easy riding longer tours soon. I’m 67, the Mrs is 64 and this technology makes us look and feel like we’re back in our 20’s. Not cheap - around $3K per bike - but they work and are still inexpensive daily fun compared to a Disneyland vacation and they are less fattening too. Getting old truly does suck, which is why we choose to fight it tooth and nail........ we’re not going down w/o a good fight cuz what’s worse than dying is living life as a house bound cripple. 

• Like 2

I saw one of these or equivalent once in downtown rush hour traffic ... IN THE WINTER.  I think he had a death wish?

I am interested in an e-bike.  Our house in Victoria is on top of a big hill.  Not sure the ticker will take too many hard rides up that hill.  Daughter is into tri-athlon and loves the hill.  Ugh.

My neighbor build custom made e-bikes. Very impressive.

The good motor and the modern high-capacity batteries cost much.

But after I tried one without the limiters, I was left with a big smile on my face. The feeling when my arms were puled away from my shoulders while accelerating was awesome 🙂

And the thing is silent except the buzz from tires.

• 2 years later...

When my wife was teaching in China (Nanchang, Jiangxi Province), a couple of the other Filipino teachers had E-bikes. They were fairly lightweight and not fancy, with a removable battery that mounted on the seat post. They would lock the bikes outside and take the battery in to charge overnight.

My wife and I bought pedal assist E bikes last year when the pandemic first started. I ride my bike 10-20 miles every day and love it. Bring on the wind or even the rain - I rarely take my car out of the garage these days.

• Like 1

Everyone I have encountered that was riding an e-bike seemed to like theirs

All of them told me they were no longer able to ride a regular bike.

I suspect that one was no longer allowed to drive a car, but happy never the less

Fortunately I can still ride 10 miles a day on my mountain bike weather permitting.

Which in Chicago is 6 months a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubo said:

I suspect that one was no longer allowed to drive a car, but happy never the less

Fortunately I can still ride 10 miles a day on my mountain bike weather permitting.

Put studded snow tires on t.

JJK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubo said:

The Chinese will be  Flying E cars very soon ,  around 30k$ -  80 mph - range is limited to 30 minutes